Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Checkmate 320 magazines

Checkmate 320 magazines

I think I just figured something out. We have had ongoing reliability problems with the 17 round magazines that came with the new Legion, but never issues with the 21 round mags that came with the X5. The 21 round mags are marked “made in Italy,” and obviously made by MecGar. I read on SigForum that Checkmate makes 320 magazines. Sure enough, just checked the problematic 17 round magazines, and they are marked ”made in the USA,” no doubt by Checkmate.

Thank you Sig for trying to save a few bucks and give us crap!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think I just figured something out. We have had ongoing reliability problems with the 17 round magazines that came with the new Legion, but never issues with the 21 round mags that came with the X5. The 21 round mags are marked “made in Italy,” and obviously made by MecGar. I read on SigForum that Checkmate makes 320 magazines. Sure enough, just checked the problematic 17 round magazines, and they are marked ”made in the USA,” no doubt by Checkmate.

Anyone know if this spills into the .mil mags?

This actually makes sense regarding the alleged cease and desist order from Sig to Shield Arms. If checkmate is manufacturing mags for both they may be the common link and how Sig knew about the G43 mags that haven’t hit the market yet.

Check-Mate makes junky mags. Whodathunkit?

Site Supporter
    You know who makes the mags that come with the G19?
    G43?
    43X?

If you said Glock for all three, you’re correct.

Typical Sig quality cutting corners under the Cohen regime...Checkmate is junk and very well known as junk mags. Mec-Gar is quality "Made in Italy" on side of mags.
    Last edited by HALO51; 11-16-2019 at 10:45 AM.

I don’t understand the hate. Checkmate builds great carry-friendly Beretta 92 flat baseplates.Theyre even nice enough to send a deadweight mag body , spring and follower set so you can practice malfunction drills.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by HALO51 View Post
    Typical Sig quality cutting corners under the Cohen regime...Checkmate is junk and very well known as junk mags. Mec-Gar is quality "Made in Italy" on side of mags.
    Yup. Had some USA checkmate mags a while back with one of my 320s. Nothing but issues. Will only use Italian made one now period.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the heads-up...I didn't realize there were U.S. made oem P320 mags.

I've got about eight 17 rounders, all Italian manufacture, zero issues...I'll be sure to pay attention next time I need to buy some.
    Last edited by kwb377; 11-16-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Maybe try some Wolff springs in the Checkmate mags?

The issues with Checkmate mags for the P226, M14, 1911 (probably more) are always spring related.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

User Tag List