Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anything I shouldn't miss in Charlotte, NC?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nycnoob View Post
    I am very partial to the NC BBQ style. This is a vinegar based sauce and not sweet or tomato.
    Its hard to find this style anywhere but in parts of NC and specialty restaurants. I suggest
    you search out a place and try some, especially if you have not had it before.
    My friend has a catering business(Rosser's BBQ) and he makes it right. He's competing today at the 2019 Pork and Beats Festival and I'm hoping he does well.
    --Jason--

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    NC actually has both "Eastern" (vinegar based) and "Western" (what most folks think of as BBQ sauce). My local BBQ joint offers both which is good since I prefer eastern and the missus prefers western.
    POINT OF ORDER: NC has "eastern" and Lexington style. And wars have been started over lesser arguments than which is best. Of course, its Lexington style, however some just like to be wrong (actually, I like both)

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    POINT OF ORDER: NC has "eastern" and Lexington style. And wars have been started over lesser arguments than which is best. Of course, its Lexington style, however some just like to be wrong (actually, I like both)
    I like both as well, but Eastern gets a nod more often because it wasn't what I had before moving here. Usually, I just have some of each since they happily supply both. I don't know if most folks realize that it's pork here as opposed to beef by and large.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I ate at a place called Roosters a few weeks ago and it was terrific.

Plenty of hipsters on scooters and homeless in the streets.

User Tag List