Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 640 Pro VS Kimber K6S

When they were first released, some claimed they did not use MIM in the K6. I found this astonishing since the rest of Kimber's line is chock full of MIM (I know, as good, etc). I'm just wondering if the do or do not use MIM. I've not seen any in this area. I guess I could get over my aversion to the lines of that revolver if it was well made.

So I keep waiting to hear a horror story about the K6S but so far, nothing... Aside from being heavy for pocket carry its looking pretty dang sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I guess I could get over my aversion to the lines of that revolver if it was well made.
    Just stare for a while at a Ruger LCR and the Kimber will look a lot sweeter.

I could put my opinion another way: the K6 line is likely the best gun Kimber makes that isn’t from a nearly 3-decades old contract run.

I still have a pile of wheel guns laying around—including two old, vetted 3" Js—so I split around the K6 by having a couple of the new Colt Cobras and some K-frames, along with my XS sighted Ruger LCR, so my K6 went on to another home.

But if I were restricted to just one handgun, and it couldn’t be semi-auto (read: Glock 9mm), from scratch, the 3" K6 would be near the top of the list.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Zeke, what’s the combination home brew/factory grip voodoo on the K6?

Hogue grip and I found it too narrow. It's grip tape to fill out the gripping surface. Like a Russian peasant woman, ugly but she works.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    But if I were restricted to just one handgun, and it couldn’t be semi-auto (read: Glock 9mm), from scratch, the 3" K6 would be near the top of the list.
    Same here. With recent changes in VA, I'm looking at non-semi-auto options and the K6S TLE 3" is looking real good. I load 38special and used to load 357mag (when I had a GP100), so I'm well equipped to keep a 357mag fed.

I hope I don't have to drop a grand into a new gun, but at least I have a viable option if things go full retard here.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    So I keep waiting to hear a horror story about the K6S but so far, nothing... Aside from being heavy for pocket carry its looking pretty dang sweet.
    The only one I can recall is Caleb Giddings reporting that one of the K6's he spent time with was fine, and the other fell apart (his words) after a few hundred rounds.

I love mine but:

-needed a gunsmith to get the "shavings" out of the action; also got an action job

-rear sight came loose and drifted badly, gunsmith locktited it down

-- had another trip to the gunsmith after I damaged it with over-agressive wacks to the extractor getting steel-cases out.

Can't speak to the K6, but if I was in the market for a 640 PRO, I would handle it first, probably get an action job and proactively lock the sights down.

Starting over, I would think about getting a SP-101 and putting the extra $$ into better sights and a sweet action job.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

my 640 pro

I love mine but:

-needed a gunsmith to get the "shavings" out of the action; also got an action job

-rear sight came loose and drifted badly, gunsmith locktited it down

-- had another trip to the gunsmith after I damaged it with over-agressive wacks to the extractor getting steel-cases out.

Can't speak to the K6, but if I was in the market for a 640 PRO, I would handle it first, probably get an action job and proactively lock the sights down.

Starting over, I would think about getting a SP-101 and putting the extra $$ into better sights and a sweet action job.

All that being said, I love mine. Easy to conceal, mild with most .38+p loads and most ammo hits very close to POA.
    Last edited by Baldanders; 11-17-2019 at 07:25 PM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

User Tag List