Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: New Lee Automatic Processing Press!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Aren't there problems with Heet? Residues and toxic chemicals?
    I thought the chatter was that it is simply alcohol, but you could be correct, I have not used it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I thought the chatter was that it is simply alcohol,
    ISO-HEETŪ brand contains isopropanol and special gas additives including Fuel Injector Cleaner....

ISO-HEETŪ brand contains isopropanol and special gas additives including Fuel Injector Cleaner....
    When I was researching the home brew many of the YouTube examples used it. I do know you want as pure as alcohol as possible, because water left behind can make hydraulic dents. Probably the other cleaners (if there are any) evaporate off also, the alcohol is just a vehicle to spray the lanolin. Dunno about toxicity, probably something you wouldn't want to do everyday in a small space.

And gads, when I just went back to the www site to look around more, this pops up:
    Name:  Covid Heet Facts.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  44.4 KB

And gads, when I just went back to the www site to look around more, this pops up:
    WTF?

Whatever happened to soap and water?

I do know you want as pure as alcohol as possible, because water left behind can make hydraulic dents.
    I will still get the occasional dented shoulder. I assume that's because I've squirted too much lube on. But maybe I'm not waiting long enough before sizing.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I will still get the occasional dented shoulder. I assume that's because I've squirted too much lube on. But maybe I'm not waiting long enough before sizing.
    I have also been mixing my home brew with a light ratio, it looks about like Coors Lite.

I have also been mixing my home brew with a light ratio, it looks about like Coors Lite.
    My home lube is sort of beer colored although probably more of an ale. Maybe I'll change the ratio next time. Try a 1:12 or so.

My home brew is based on veggie oil, a tiny amount of dish soap, and 90% alcohol. The only time I have had dented shoulders is when I put too much on. Lately I have been using avocado oil and it works really well. After sizing, the brass get washed in a bucket of hot water with a little simple green and dish soap.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

My home lube is sort of beer colored although probably more of an ale. Maybe I'll change the ratio next time. Try a 1:12 or so.
    When I first researched this it seemed like many of the ratios recommended on YouTube were really thick. It seems to me like you could use a lighter ratio and make more squirts, giving more flow before the alcohol starts evaporating off. I do not use a bag or bucket, I just lay them flat on a retired cooking sheet and spray them. The sheet holds about all the Dillon can handle anyway.

Here is a photo of my brew:
    Name:  HomeBrew.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  27.3 KB

...use a lighter ratio and make more squirts...
    What's your ratio?

User Tag List