Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: New Lee Automatic Processing Press!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I bought that kit and I didn't need it, now I have two of everything.
    I ordered the kit with mine today, and @mmc45414 didn't. So, I may have extra parts to send back!

Don't quote me on it, but it sure looks like a 5/16-24 tap would just about perfectly tap threads into the primer chute on an X-Press shell holder. I don't have any cutting oil on hand. I'll probably try it when the extra shell holders I ordered for the express purpose of ruining them, show up.

In conclusion to the earlier question, I did need the automation kit to run the APP with it. I bought the Deluxe APP from Mid South and the Automation kit. The tubes and 4 barrel fitting at the bottom of the tubes weren't in my APP. The single tube loader was.

So far, it's cool. I have been sizing using the Lee Factory Crimp Die and de-capping 9mm on a Rock Chucker, and this is about 100 times faster Still getting the occasional bobble from stroking wrong or an upside down casing, but I'm pretty impressed. I probably don't need the FCD for sizing, but I used to have a bunch of bulged cases in the mix, and this seemed to help most of them. Now it's kinda habit...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Here's the fender washer mod for the Lee collator that nearly completely fixed my issue with upside down 9mm cases.

Attachment 52579

Attachment 52580
    @LL - from your photo it appears that you have the fender washer standing off of the collator a little bit. Did you just use smaller washers to create a boss?

TIA! Bruce

ETA: found this video with measurements!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA18xboFt14

Going to make one after work.
    Last edited by bruceride; 05-29-2020 at 09:26 AM.

Deprimed 595 223 in less than 25 minutes

I pulled this from the BS thread to reply here:
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    last night I ordered a set of Squirrel Daddy ball-end expanders in .300BO for Lee dies.
    And I predict you are gonna luv, luv, luv em. I am glad @LittleLebowski turned me onto them. I bought the three pack but am trying to figure out what to do with the extras, the things are a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I’m going to switch to decapping only when my APP Swage kit gets here (decaps and swages in the same step).
    I got kinda giddy when I read this, it just seemed too good to be true, pushing the primers out and resizing (ETA: I mean swaging) in the same step. I went and looked, and I think the kit comes with the decap die, but it will still will require a separate pass:
    https://leeprecision.com/app-primer-...swage-kit.html
    But it looks like it is a specific decap and flare die I do not have, so that might be nice...
    Last edited by mmc45414; 06-16-2020 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceride View Post
    @LL - from your photo it appears that you have the fender washer standing off of the collator a little bit. Did you just use smaller washers to create a boss?
    Nope, just that one.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I am using the Lee APP to decrimp primer pockets in 5.56. Got a 5 gallon bucket of brass waiting this as final case prep step. I have used several types of decrimp tools and overall this seems best. Not using case feeder with 5.56. Probably sell my Dillon decrimp tool.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I pulled this from the BS thread to reply here:

And I predict you are gonna luv, luv, luv em. I am glad @LittleLebowski turned me onto them. I bought the three pack but am trying to figure out what to do with the extras, the things are a tank.

I got kinda giddy when I read this, it just seemed too good to be true, pushing the primers out and resizing (ETA: I mean swaging) in the same step. I went and looked, and I think the kit comes with the decap die, but it will still will require a separate pass:
    https://leeprecision.com/app-primer-...swage-kit.html
    But it looks like it is a specific decap and flare die I do not have, so that might be nice...
    Definitely on the same page.

I have a 5 gallon bucket of 223 and 556 brass, a couple jugs of AA2230 and bunch of cheap 55 gr Bullets. was originally going to send it out to have it fully processed, But it would have been almost $200 to fully process.

after sorting realized shipping there would be $40 plus dollars, plus $150 or so processing costs. Instead I decided I’d save money (lol) and just buy this instead.

I was hoping to be able to resize/deprime and swage in one crank of the handle, realized that wouldn’t work. Tried to resize/deprime and because of the way the case is held, kept sticking brass in my resizing die.

At this point I’m just going to use it as a straight swaging tool, resize/deprime and trim on my Lee Classic, then wet tumble with stainless chips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    Tried to resize/deprime and because of the way the case is held, kept sticking brass in my resizing die.
    Are you thinking that maybe because the rim is only held on two sides instead of they typical surrounded on three sides of a normal case holder it is doing this? Also, what lube are you using? Because the home brew lanolin sure is nice and can be more or less concentrated depending on your need.

Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    wet tumble with stainless chips
    Have you tried it without the stainless media? Discussion here about how well it works without.

User Tag List