Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: New Lee Automatic Processing Press!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    So the rod can be raised or lowered inside the housing to change the amount of swage? That's good otherwise I guess you'd be stuck with whatever Lee thought was ideal.

I guess the last burning question is about trimming on the press. We might not have an answer for that until Lee starts shipping the new handle.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    The bottom part is fixed. Lee allows adjustment of the internal rod to provide adjustment. The catch is the lower part is spring loaded (quite a bit of pressure though), and they want you to adjust the die so the linkages bottom out with 25 pounds of force applied to the handle - probably to keep from jacking up the primer pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    The bottom part is fixed. Lee allows adjustment of the internal rod to provide adjustment. The catch is the lower part is spring loaded (quite a bit of pressure though), and they want you to adjust the die so the linkages bottom out with 25 pounds of force applied to the handle - probably to keep from jacking up the primer pocket.
    I also wonder if it is to allow for variance in case web thickness. The RCBS swager kit that I have used in the past basically required you to sort by headstamp or it would cause some funky things, including bending the internal pin.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I received my APP yesterday. I processed approximately 200 223 and a 100 9mm just to get the hang of it. I like the little press so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Round1 View Post
    I received my APP yesterday. I processed approximately 200 223 and a 100 9mm just to get the hang of it. I like the little press so far.
    Swage or size/deprime?

Swage or size/deprime?
    If he swaged, he might be feeling it today, just saying I took care to switch sides during swaging a batch of 9mm and of course, my non gunshot elbow was the one that started hurting.
    #RESIST

Swage or size/deprime?

Deprime. I have swage ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I took care to switch sides during swaging a batch of 9mm and of course, my non gunshot elbow was the one that started hurting.
    Years ago my aunt went to the doctor for pain in her hip, the diagnosis was the OTHER hip was shot and she had been putting all the work on the painful one.

So, has anybody been using the little collator for 223?

Name:  CC.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  63.0 KB

I had one when I briefly had a 9mm Loadmaster and it was surprisingly slick, but I read chatter about them being OK or needing some tweaks with 223? At some point I probably would rig it up to feed from the Dillon but would like to use the Lee initially. And the main thing I want the thing for is swaging, primarily 223 (plus some 9mm).

Also, the dust is settling from the furlough to the point I am getting more comfortable blowing money on yet another reloading tool, I know there were some changes with the swage setup but are there any other things to watch for as far as part numbers or evolution? Also, is any one place turned out to be a good place to buy from? I guess I would want the Deluxe bundle, plus the Swage kit, plus the Collator to do what I want (primarily swaging).

I have the collator and used it last night depriming the 223. It takes a little bit to get them to fall into the tubes but they all fell casehead down. I purchased everything from Midsouth.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Years ago my aunt went to the doctor for pain in her hip, the diagnosis was the OTHER hip was shot and she had been putting all the work on the painful one.

So, has anybody been using the little collator for 223?

Name:  CC.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  63.0 KB

I had one when I briefly had a 9mm Loadmaster and it was surprisingly slick, but I read chatter about them being OK or needing some tweaks with 223? At some point I probably would rig it up to feed from the Dillon but would like to use the Lee initially. And the main thing I want the thing for is swaging, primarily 223 (plus some 9mm).

Also, the dust is settling from the furlough to the point I am getting more comfortable blowing money on yet another reloading tool, I know there were some changes with the swage setup but are there any other things to watch for as far as part numbers or evolution? Also, is any one place turned out to be a good place to buy from? I guess I would want the Deluxe bundle, plus the Swage kit, plus the Collator to do what I want (primarily swaging).

So you guys depriming on the press; why not size at the same time? Seems like there's no time saved by simply depriming alone.

I'm not using a Lee App but my process for rifle is to tumble briefly to get the range crud off. Then I lube, size and swage. After that the brass goes into the wash and is put away until ready to load. I prime off press as sort of a QC check to the priming operation and as sort of a time saver on the press so I don't have to stop every 100 rounds to fill the primer system. For the occasions when I prime on the machine I put a universal decapping die in station one just to make sure no media or anything is stuck in the flash hole. But otherwise the process is pretty much the same. Lube, size, wash. Clean and sized brass ready to load.

That's with rifle. For pistol I tumble until clean and shiny and then size, prime and load all at once.

I guess I'm not seeing any real benefit to depriming as its own function other that it allows the primer pocket to get washed. But I'm getting that anyway with my sized brass. What am I not seeing?

Right now I am just getting accustom to the press. I will do something similar to what you outlined in your post.

So you guys depriming on the press; why not size at the same time? Seems like there's no time saved by simply depriming alone.

I'm not using a Lee App but my process for rifle is to tumble briefly to get the range crud off. Then I lube, size and swage. After that the brass goes into the wash and is put away until ready to load. I prime off press as sort of a QC check to the priming operation and as sort of a time saver on the press so I don't have to stop every 100 rounds to fill the primer system. For the occasions when I prime on the machine I put a universal decapping die in station one just to make sure no media or anything is stuck in the flash hole. But otherwise the process is pretty much the same. Lube, size, wash. Clean and sized brass ready to load.

That's with rifle. For pistol I tumble until clean and shiny and then size, prime and load all at once.

I guess I'm not seeing any real benefit to depriming as its own function other that it allows the primer pocket to get washed. But I'm getting that anyway with my sized brass. What am I not seeing?

User Tag List