Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: New Lee Automatic Processing Press!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I'm not sure I'm tracking with you on this.

I can see the utility behind swinging the feeder over as you've illustrated in order to use the case feed on the Lee; but in order to use the case feed on another Dillon press, you would need the proper case feed body assembly, correct?
    Loosen the knob, lower the feeder, swap plates, loosen other knob, install feeder, tighten second knob, snap in tube, plug in. $40 plate is what he'd need to buy to make it work.

I'm not sure I'm tracking with you on this. … in order to use the case feed on another Dillon press, you would need the proper case feed body assembly, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Loosen the knob, lower the feeder, swap plates, loosen other knob, install feeder, tighten second knob, snap in tube, plug in. $40 plate is what he'd need to buy to make it work.
    Yup, I just share the feeder between the neighboring 650. It easily lifts up off of the pole and slides down onto the other one, they are mounted close enough together and I left enough loop in the cord that it doesn't even need to be unplugged. The plates lift straight up off of the shaft and swapping them is simple, as you would if you were changing calibers.

Name:  Move.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  48.8 KB
    Last edited by mmc45414; 04-17-2020 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Case in point on how fast this thing is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    That is darned fast.
    A Dillon or Hornady case feeder lined up to drop brass into the factory Lee tube is really the best way to go.
    Going that fast you might even have to wait for the Dillon case feeder to catch up!

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Going that fast you might even have to wait for the Dillon case feeder to catch up!
    Maybe your motor needs an uograde:

https://immortobot.com/index.php?mai...roducts_id=315

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Yup, I just share the feeder between the neighboring 650. It easily lifts up off of the pole and slides down onto the other one, they are mounted close enough together and I left enough loop in the cord that it doesn't even need to be unplugged. The plates lift straight up off of the shaft and swapping them is simple, as you would if you were changing calibers.

Name:  Move.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  48.8 KB
    Okay, I've only seen 650's with case feeds, did not know that they came with a case feed tube for you to drop cases into if you didn't have the feeder. The 550's need an added feed mechanism to put the case onto the shell plate.

Thanks!

Yes!! The 650/750s come with everything you need EXCEPT the dang feeder! I briefly had a 550 with a feeder so I know exactly what you are talking about, all that mechanism that is additional.

Okay, I've only seen 650's with case feeds, did not know that they came with a case feed tube for you to drop cases into if you didn't have the feeder. The 550's need an added feed mechanism to put the case onto the shell plate.

Thanks!

Yes!! The 650/750s come with everything you need EXCEPT the dang feeder! I briefly had a 550 with a feeder so I know exactly what you are talking about, all that mechanism that is additional.
    Loading on the 650 SUCKS without the case feeder. Dillon really should quit trying to make the press less expensive by selling the feeder as a separate item when it really is a necessity.

This is one area where the Hornady LNL AP excels. The cases go into and exit the machine on the left. Manually feeding cases is quick and easy. Case and bullet feeding can be done with the left hand so the right hand can stay on the press handle.

Site Supporter
    Just got mine in and deprimed about 1/3 of a 5 gallon bucket in 2 episodes of Archer using the 4 tube case feeder. Worked decent enough for the money, given the top heavy cases and how the collator needs some help to work with rifle cases. It's going to be a beast with 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Just got mine in and deprimed about 1/3 of a 5 gallon bucket in 2 episodes of Archer using the 4 tube case feeder. Worked decent enough for the money, given the top heavy cases and how the collator needs some help to work with rifle cases. It's going to be a beast with 9mm.
    How many 223 cases does it hold? I guess I should know already but I haven't loaded 223 on a Pro 1000 in quite awhile.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    How many 223 cases does it hold? I guess I should know already but I haven't loaded 223 on a Pro 1000 in quite awhile.

A big fistful, drizzled in and shook. Run the press rough on the downstroke and it'll usually shake the rest down for you.

Chamfer the collator funnel entrances with a knife otherwise the thing won't work worth a shit for .223

User Tag List