Thread: Mark 7 Case Trimmer. Probably "the answer"

Mark 7 Case Trimmer. Probably "the answer"

https://ultimatereloader.com/2023/12...r-trim-xpress/

https://www.markvii-loading.com/power-trim-expresstm

This should be just the ticket for people wanting to make 300 BLK, 277 WLV, etc or who just want to trim high volume but don't want to buy a Dillon 750 or 1100 for whatever reason. Note that MK7 says it will fit many different presses which is nice. If memory serves pretty much only cases 30-06 and longer will work with the Hornady LNL and the Dillon vacuum manifold.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I have one, and the 308/300/223 trim dies and I'm sorry to say I haven't even taken i tout of the box yet! I bought it right before we moved for a job to a location where I wasn't able to set up my reloading equipment. I'm hoping to get it up and going soon, but I agree it's a better value than the dillon model, and I've used them before.

Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    I have one, and the 308/300/223 trim dies and I'm sorry to say I haven't even taken i tout of the box yet! I bought it right before we moved for a job to a location where I wasn't able to set up my reloading equipment. I'm hoping to get it up and going soon, but I agree it's a better value than the dillon model, and I've used them before.
    What press will you be using?

I've used the Dillon on my 650. It works well. But only on the Dilllon. I think it would be nice to maybe have my old LNL as my sort of dedicated brass processing machine. I could decap and trim in one setup. Then swap the shell plate for the swage conversion and run the cases back through to swage primer pockets.

That looks pretty nice...
    Not sure I need it, but....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What press will you be using?

I've used the Dillon on my 650. It works well. But only on the Dilllon. I think it would be nice to maybe have my old LNL as my sort of dedicated brass processing machine. I could decap and trim in one setup. Then swap the shell plate for the swage conversion and run the cases back through to swage primer pockets.

I will likely be using a 1050, although I also have a 650 and could see using that as well. My idea setup would be doing one-pass 223 and blackout brass processing on the 1050 (size, decap, swage, trim), but I could also see trimming 308 on a single stage just to save converting the 1050 over since my volume of shooting 308 is very low.

Are there trim dies available for calibers other than 223, 300BLK, 308? I could not find them.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Are there trim dies available for calibers other than 223, 300BLK, 308? I could not find them.
    Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    I will likely be using a 1050, although I also have a 650 and could see using that as well. My idea setup would be doing one-pass 223 and blackout brass processing on the 1050 (size, decap, swage, trim), but I could also see trimming 308 on a single stage just to save converting the 1050 over since my volume of shooting 308 is very low.
    Unless I'm mistaken this will work with any Dillon style trim die?

CH4D makes trim dies in stuff that's not commonly available.

https://www.chtoolanddie.com/product...ng/dillon-trim

User Tag List