Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: New Lee Automatic Processing Press!

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Nice! I got the Inline fab for the same reason - I'm not going to ditch it until the Lee handle proves it's point, but having the leverage applied within the steel arms should solve the issue. It might also let me run with a long acrobin without hitting my hand.
    After posting I did several more beer pitchers full of 5.56 cases, and I think it is maybe even better than I initially thought!
    My knee has been being a pest, so I am sitting on a stool that positions me above the handle at the bottom. My right shoulder has been being a pest (I am a mess!!!!) so I was trading off between arms, and putting the second hand on top of my hand on the handle for the last ooomph that is actually swaging. I got in a groove and it was working great and the handle was much more stable.

ETA: I thought about gluing them together with JB Weld, but I am glad I didn't bother and make that mess. I think tapping the hole might have helped, and I am glad it worked as well as it did, cause I put a pretty big dose of red Loctite on both the treaded hole and nut...

ETA Again: While I had the tools handy I did my second APP.

You can easily wear your arm/elbow/shoulder out on this press.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    You can easily wear your arm/elbow/shoulder out on this press.
    I can't blame the press for trying to pull out a honeysuckle bush with an ATV...

ETA: I may have actually had my wife hold my beer!
    Last edited by mmc45414; 11-27-2020 at 08:44 PM.

I see Lee has a new press mounted primer swager for 2021.

If I'm reading correctly the die is universal and will work with both pistol and rifle brass. Only the swage button (that replaces a shell holder in the ram) needs to be changed for small or large primers.

https://leeprecision.com/ram-swage.html

Depending on how much force is needed to swage the pockets I think something like this might work well with the Lee Hand Press. If so, a person could sit on the sofa and watch TV while swaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I see Lee has a new press mounted primer swager for 2021.
    Depending on how much force is needed to swage the pockets I think something like this might work well with the Lee Hand Press. If so, a person could sit on the sofa and watch TV while swaging.
    That thing looks handy, but after doing the APP I would say the hand press would be ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I would say the hand press would be ambitious.
    Not to say that it couldn't be done

Name:  HnF.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  69.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    So it looks like LEE has a swager update for the APP.
    That looks interesting...
    As I mentioned here, I have been sizing the cases but not expanding the necks until they are in the 650 being primed and loaded and that means the necks are even smaller and so I had a friend grind down the diameter of the rod. This looks like it relies on the new guide to make it centered better, might make it possible to make the reduced size rod a little larger...

I already have two swagers, but if the cost of being an early adopter is only $40-$50 I can live with that

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

In stock at Midsouth:

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...eloading-press

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List