Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: New Lee Automatic Processing Press!

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I did not see that. That is exciting, and makes me change my opinion. This looks very promising for case prep.

    EDIT. Wait--do you mean the tube that holds maybe 20 shells? That's not much of a case feeder!

    I assume the case collator and four tube assembly will work on this.


    https://leeprecision.com/multi-tube-feeder.html

  2. #12
    King of Craft Clusterfrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Redneck wonderland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I assume the case collator and four tube assembly will work on this.

    https://leeprecision.com/multi-tube-feeder.html
    Wow, look at all this Lee stuff I didn't know existed. I really like how they keep making pretty good stuff for a very good price. Thanks for bearing with my virtually complete ignorance in this thread.

    Name:  90667.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  14.3 KB
    "BJJ is sort of like nonconsensual yoga"
    "You don’t really graduate from certain problems or certain things… like you always have to work on trigger control and pulling the trigger straight. " --Ben Stoeger 1/24/2018

  3. #13


    Hopefully the multi-tube adapter will fit and/or Lee is making something that works on this new press. A single feed tube that only holds 20 pistol cases (probably 6 or 8 223 cases) doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

    This picture would seem to indicate that the automation kit includes multiple tubes.

    Here's what Lee says about the automation kit:

    The Automation kit is complete with all the feed tubes, tube supports, risers and case slider. It even includes the 22-caliber bullet feed jaws.
    Last edited by Tokarev; 11-15-2019 at 05:02 PM.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I just visited the Lee site and noticed this new press.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I assume the case collator and four tube assembly will work on this.
    For some reason I dunno know why they seem to hold back the collator as an additional accessory, I think even with the Loadmaster. I had a Loadmaster for a while, and the thing seemed like simple magic but it worked reliably (ETA: the collator, that is..). I would be comfortable ASSuming that it will be part of the picture.

    And unless somebody else buys one first and reports that it is lame, I will get one. I just got done swaging a bunch of 223 and 300BO, and wish I had one of these. I rigged up a little shock cord on my Dillon so that it flips them off the end of internal rod, into a towel I have suspended over a bucket, and it works pretty well, but this looks like the case feed will push the completed case out of the way and would be faster and easier and simpler.

    Right now the only real issue I have is a bunch of crimped 9mm. I bought 2-3k that were a real "bargain" and they had extraordinary crimps. They were also soooo dirty it is the only occasion where I needed to use the pins in the F.A.R.T. (ETA: and it got them so clean the head stamps looked like they had just fallen out of the forming die), but I tried loading them and for the most part I could seat them but I have ended up with some high primers that stop the progress up the breach face. And it is hard to say exactly how many 9mm cases there are in da house, but they are all comingled. I would sure rather just run them though this thing then look at every one of them.

    ETA Again: Midsouth and Graf are already discounting them to $80 on preorder:
    https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...eloading-press (wrong pic, right product number)
    https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...productId/8271
    Last edited by mmc45414; 11-18-2019 at 07:54 AM.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    And unless somebody else buys one first and reports that it is lame, I will get one. I just got done swaging a bunch of 223 and 300BO, and wish I had one of these. I rigged up a little shock cord on my Dillon so that it flips them off the end of internal rod, into a towel I have suspended over a bucket, and it works pretty well, but this looks like the case feed will push the completed case out of the way and would be faster and easier and simpler. .
    As mentioned, the Lee APP is about the same price as the Dillon swager....

    It would probably be pretty quick and simple to run all your 9mm and 223 brass through the swager after decapping. An extra step in the overall process but, like you say, easier than looking at each one. Once swaged it won't have to be done again until such time as more range brass is mixed in on accident or purchased.

    I suppose even if the multi-tube adapter won't fit it properly wouldn't be a terrible process to have a bucket of brass close at hand. Just physically drop each individual case into the little case slider deal and let the press spit it out on the righthand side after swaging.

    Here's a related thought--get Lee to make a 9mm sizing die with the swage hold down rod built in. Decap using a universal die in something like a Lee hand press (or that Frankford Arsenal decapping tool) then run brass through the press to swage and size all at once. Should go pretty quick I'd think.



    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    As mentioned, the Lee APP is about the same price as the Dillon swager....
    Yeah, I know. If this thing works I am starting to wonder exactly when I would be using the Dillon I already have

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    It would probably be pretty quick and simple to run all your 9mm and 223 brass through the swager after decapping. An extra step in the overall process but, like you say, easier than looking at each one.
    Yes, and this thing can decap also. I have a toolhead for the 650 setup with nothing but the Lee decap die and I would probably continue to mostly do it that way, only because I can see the TV better from where the 650 is mounted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Once swaged it won't have to be done again until such time as more range brass is mixed in on accident or purchased.
    I have already quit trying to seat primers that don't want to be seated, I think I caused my own problems by continuing with reluctant ones. This is all just practice ammo, if I were going to matches I would be checking it. Now I have been just stopping and throwing away the cases that didn't want to take the primer. The primer is worth three cents and the case is being problematic, I was just being stupid adding powder and seating the expensive bullet, in some cases the trash can is the best solution. I would probably process all of what 9mm I have on hand once, and then when something sneaks in just quit throwing good money after bad and throw it away. But this is all for 9mm, for 223 they might all pass through the swager.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    The primer is worth three cents and the case is being problematic, I was just being stupid adding powder and seating the expensive bullet, in some cases the trash can is the best solution.
    Lol trying to salvage that one errant piece of brass is what makes reloading fun!

    Spending a couple thousand on a press and all the ancillary equipment only adds to the enjoyment....


    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Lol trying to salvage that one errant piece of brass is what makes reloading fun!
    Spending a couple thousand on a press and all the ancillary equipment only adds to the enjoyment....
    Well, this post details me spending probably $1,800 to get into 300BO, but that was to save probably 500 cases, not just one or two...
    But I probably could keep the Dillon setup for when I encountered a stubborn 9mm case just swage it real quick and throw it back in the batch.

  9. #19

  10. #20
    12/13/19 updates at bottom of page. Also a few videos of the press in use.

    https://leeprecision.com/app-automat...cessing-press/

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •