Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Lee Automatic Processing Press!

New Lee Automatic Processing Press!

https://leeprecision.com/app-automat...cessing-press/

https://leeprecision.com/primer-pocket-swager/

I just visited the Lee site and noticed this new press. As is the norm for Lee, price vs features seemed good and I can see the value in having a press set up for swaging 223 and 9mm brass. Also 308 and 45 although I don't see much swaged 45 brass nowadays. It looks like the press can be configured for a number of tasks such as bullet sizing and Glock bulge busting as well as actually loading.

Downside, from what I can see, is that depriming would have to be done first and then the press would have to be converted over for swaging. Still, it should be a fairly speedy process overall.

Too bad the photos on the website aren't very big.
    Last edited by Tokarev; 11-15-2019 at 09:03 AM.

That looks pretty cool but I wonder if it does rifle brass?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    That looks pretty cool but I wonder if it does rifle brass?
    It should. Lee is showing swage kits for 223 and 308.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    It should. Lee is showing swage kits for 223 and 308.
    Interesting tool. I like it in many ways, but it falls short for high-throughput reloading. Without a case feeder, I would rather just swage with the Dillon bench tool.

For 5.56 brass, we use 2 passes on a 1050. The first pass deprimes, swages, resizes, and trims. The second pass primes and loads.

The most useful thing I can think of for the new Lee press is full-length resizing for pistol brass. But I'd want a case feeder for that too.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Interesting tool. I like it in many ways, but it falls short for high-throughput reloading. Without a case feeder, I would rather just swage with the Dillon bench tool.

For 5.56 brass, we use 2 passes on a 1050. The first pass deprimes, swages, resizes, and trims. The second pass primes and loads.

The most useful thing I can think of for the new Lee press is full-length resizing for pistol brass. But I'd want a case feeder for that too.
    I think this press is more oriented for case prep and sizing rather than being a dedicated reloading press. I'm looking forward to it to see how it handles bulk nose down sizing of coated bullets.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    I think this press is more oriented for case prep and sizing rather than being a dedicated reloading press. I'm looking forward to it to see how it handles bulk nose down sizing of coated bullets.
    Right. But I'm not seeing it being that useful for any case prep other than debulging.

As you may have seen, there is a case feeder option for this press.

MSRP for the press with automation kit (I assume that's the case feeder stuff?) is pretty close to the Dillon Super Swage but with the additional flexibility of being able to load.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    As you may have seen, there is a case feeder option for this press.

MSRP for the press with automation kit (I assume that's the case feeder stuff?) is pretty close to the Dillon Super Swage but with the additional flexibility of being able to load.
    I did not see that. That is exciting, and makes me change my opinion. This looks very promising for case prep.

EDIT. Wait--do you mean the tube that holds maybe 20 shells? That's not much of a case feeder!
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 11-15-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Right. But I'm not seeing it being that useful for any case prep other than debulging.
    For the price it should be possible to buy two of these. Leave one setup for size/deprime and the other setup for swaging.

Anyone with the 1050 or a Mark 7 press will see no real need for the Lee. With that said, the Lee is less expensive than the caliber conversion for the 1050. I could see someone who might process and load a bunch of 223 or 9mm wanting the Lee just to swage something like 308 brass. Something they may shoot but not load a bunch of.

Nifty press--if it works.

User Tag List