Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: New Lee Automatic Processing Press!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Mine should be here Thursday!
    Did you get a shipping notice? When I looked earlier the status was “completed” but nothing about shipping yet.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Shipping notice in the inbox this morning, Thursday for me as well!

I spent ~4 years in Clarksville and never knew Midsouth was there...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Shipping notice in the inbox this morning, Thursday for me as well!

I spent ~4 years in Clarksville and never knew Midsouth was there...
    Yeah, got my shipping notice. Time to start watching Lee App assembly videos.
    #RESIST

Yeah, got my shipping notice. Time to start watching Lee App assembly videos.
    It's pretty straight forward, I assembled mine with only referencing the instructions a few times.

It's ALIVE!

I fiddled with the automation kit this morning and as I dialed it in, in about 20-minutes, I decapped 65 pieces of brass in <20 min. And that's with dialing it in. Now that it's dialed in, maybe 90-seconds to work through a tube of 15-pieces of .38spl brass for sizing and decapping. It's quick for a single stage press and a damn sight faster than my old Lee Loader.

Make sure you work the lever going vigorously going UP when decapping, the feeder works better that way. I've had it spit brass sideways a couple of times from the claw not grabbing, but I think I didn't have the tube supports tightened properly. Also, because mine is bolted to a 2x8" that is bolted to my bench it's got a bit of wobble to it, so, you may not have the same problems I do.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    It's pretty straight forward, I assembled mine with only referencing the instructions a few times.

It's ALIVE!

I fiddled with the automation kit this morning and as I dialed it in, in about 20-minutes, I decapped 65 pieces of brass in <20 min. And that's with dialing it in. Now that it's dialed in, maybe 90-seconds to work through a tube of 15-pieces of .38spl brass for sizing and decapping. It's quick for a single stage press and a damn sight faster than my old Lee Loader.

Make sure you work the lever going vigorously going UP when decapping, the feeder works better that way. I've had it spit brass sideways a couple of times from the claw not grabbing, but I think I didn't have the tube supports tightened properly. Also, because mine is bolted to a 2x8" that is bolted to my bench it's got a bit of wobble to it, so, you may not have the same problems I do.
    #PicsOrBanned
    #RESIST

Name:  12C2F98A-F95D-4F78-B0F4-727561647655.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  46.6 KB

Awesome!
    #RESIST

Awesome!
    Yea, now that I have it dialed in, I need to clean up my work bench.

It works!

I’ve spent about 2.5 hours today, cranking the machine and decapping brass.

I also spent a bit working on how to run the ram prime and make my powder measure work. I believe I now have both of those problems solved.

This is now all full-length sized and de-primed. Ready for the next stage.

Name:  9AF8ADD8-FA89-45CE-96EB-3D3E8A670F48.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  48.1 KB

Love how the spent primers are collected, very contained and clean:

Name:  1C141BA5-49D9-4A1A-B885-65D980DFB364.jpeg
Views: 319
Size:  73.4 KB

Do yourself a favor and spend the money for the Universal Case Feeder and Collator. You get 4 tubes instead of one, and the Collator sits on top, it's basically a funnel that loads the brass into the tubes. Takes about the same amount of time to load all 4 as it does to load the one by hand. Later.

Dave

User Tag List