Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New Lee Automatic Processing Press!

Does the Deluxe model come with the swaging components? If not, what do I need to order?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Does the Deluxe model come with the swaging components? If not, what do I need to order?
    Lee 91582 swaging kit. I ordered that and the App from MidSouth Shooters Supply.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I just ordered one of these to speed up swaging a BUNCH of 223 brass I have on hand. I have high hopes. Will provide feedback. I plan to prep a lot of 223 brass while social distancing.
    I got my LEE APP in a few days ago. $75.29 for APP "deluxe" with feed system plus $36.29 for deprime kit (large and small primer pockets). Installed on press with three holes drilled in the two 4x8 sheets of plywood that make top. I did not install the "feed tube, etc.". I am very experienced with LEE products - I use to have three LEE 1000 progressive reloaders on my bench in the past with those tubes (45,9,39SPL). In this case, seems just as quick to single load the deprime station vs loading the tubes. We will see. I ran about 50 crimped 5.56 through it - seems almost too easy. I need to see how well the pockets were decrimped. Hope it works as this seems "better" than using drill and tool to remove crimps or the Dillon swager. Will continue to update, I have a LOT of 223 to prep.

PS - I ordered from Titan Reloading

OK, I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these. I figure it's a better use of funds right now than trying to piece together another PCC or getting into yet another caliber.

In my cart at Midsouth I've got:
    Deluxe APP (90933)
    Auto Processing Kit (90511)
    Case Feed Collator (90667)

I'm not getting the swaging kit right now because I'm not going to be processing 5.56 anytime soon, I'd rather spend my time working on pistol calibers. Is there anything else I need or should really have? I'd like to get a couple of those metal bench mounts shown in the pictures but I don't see anything like that on the press or accessories page. I've got a Classic Turret press that could use one in addition to the APP. I need to rebuild my reloading "table" (actually I need to burn it down and start new but I digress...) and it would be nice to have the mounts when I'm ready.

I got my LEE APP in a few days ago. $75.29 for APP "deluxe" with feed system plus $36.29 for deprime kit (large and small primer pockets).
    I don't see a deprime kit. Is that the swage kit?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    I got my LEE APP in a few days ago. $75.29 for APP "deluxe" with feed system plus $36.29 for deprime kit (large and small primer pockets). Installed on press with three holes drilled in the two 4x8 sheets of plywood that make top. I did not install the "feed tube, etc.". I am very experienced with LEE products - I use to have three LEE 1000 progressive reloaders on my bench in the past with those tubes (45,9,39SPL). In this case, seems just as quick to single load the deprime station vs loading the tubes. We will see. I ran about 50 crimped 5.56 through it - seems almost too easy. I need to see how well the pockets were decrimped. Hope it works as this seems "better" than using drill and tool to remove crimps or the Dillon swager. Will continue to update, I have a LOT of 223 to prep.

PS - I ordered from Titan Reloading
    My bad - I meant primer pocket swage kit

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    In my cart at Midsouth I've got:
    Deluxe APP (90933)
    Auto Processing Kit (90511)
    Case Feed Collator (90667)
    Got the order in, now the waiting game begins!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I'm only using mine to deprime 223 and 308 brass just to try it out. So far it's having major issues with the case feeder. The cases are bouncing when they drop from the feeder tube into the arms of the case slider. It's running about 60% of the time right now. From what I've read online it seems to feed pistol brass better. I love the design but in typical Lee fashion it fall shorts on the execution. I'll play with it a bit more and see if I can get it running, if not its going to a corner until I try the bullet sizing function.

Site Supporter
    I swaged some 223/5.56 yesterday - seems to work well - I did not even try the "feeder tube system". I may need to find a steel frame to set it up higher - seems too low mounted on the bench by itself.

I may need to find a steel frame to set it up higher - seems too low mounted on the bench by itself.
    Sorta hijack, but I did this:
    Name:  Redneck Strong Mount.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  76.4 KB
    You can decide how high it needs the be and go buy a 2x4"/6"/8"/10"/12", one 8 foot long board should build what you need.

It is all screwed together with countersunk 1/4" lag bolts. If you have a Rural King store they sell fasteners by the pound and I shot this thing full of lags, including up through the bottom to attach it to the bench. Dillon says to NOT attach the press with lag bolts, but seems like a 5" long one seems to be doing the job

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Sorta hijack, but I did this:
    Name:  Redneck Strong Mount.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  76.4 KB
    You can decide how high it needs the be and go buy a 2x4"/6"/8"/10"/12", one 8 foot long board should build what you need.

It is all screwed together with countersunk 1/4" lag bolts. If you have a Rural King store they sell fasteners by the pound and I shot this thing full of lags, including up through the bottom to attach it to the bench. Dillon says to NOT attach the press with lag bolts, but seems like a 5" long one seems to be doing the job
    Dude - I love that solution. It's Redneck as fuck, but I bet it'll outlast a couple of lifetimes worth of work. So you attached the press to the "block" with lags, and the "block" to your bench with lags as well?

RK, here I come!

User Tag List