Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Beretta 92X and 22 kit slide locking block

  1. #1
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    NE Ohio

    Beretta 92X and 22 kit slide locking block

    I bought a 22 conversion kit during the Veterans day sale. I'm having a problem getting the locking block to fully engage. From the description of the kit it should fit.

    "New and improved 92 .22LR Conversion kit fits on all 92F/96F and newer full size 90 series pistols with slide mounted safeties. 15 round mag."

    I'm not going to force it closed and not sure if it's safe to use it as is. Or if it damage the locking block.
    @e_stern any ideas?

    Thanks


    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    I bought a 22 conversion kit during the Veterans day sale. I'm having a problem getting the locking block to fully engage. From the description of the kit it should fit.

    "New and improved 92 .22LR Conversion kit fits on all 92F/96F and newer full size 90 series pistols with slide mounted safeties. 15 round mag."

    I'm not going to force it closed and not sure if it's safe to use it as is. Or if it damage the locking block.
    @e_stern any ideas?

    Thanks


    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

    Remove the kit and takedown lever, disassemble kit, lube barrel lug and frame lug recess, push barrel on as far as it will go and take a photo.

    They are VERY tight on new 92Xs due to much tighter frame tolerances on the new series and may require some extra force to install, but let's see how far it gets on the frame first.
    Product Manager - Tactical and Pro Shop

    Beretta USA Corporation

  3. #3
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Attached

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    Attached

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Was it tight getting the barrel on alone?

    Also, is that a grease/Froglube?
    Last edited by e_stern; 11-18-2019 at 04:07 PM.
    Product Manager - Tactical and Pro Shop

    Beretta USA Corporation

  5. #5
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    NE Ohio
    A little tight, but not terrible. Grease

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Whirlwind06; 11-18-2019 at 09:26 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    A little tight, but not terrible. Grease

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    And the slide alone?

    Can you insert the barrel w/the takedown lever in the frame?
    Product Manager - Tactical and Pro Shop

    Beretta USA Corporation

  7. #7
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Yes, will and with the slide assembled a couple taps with rubber mallet will put the take-down lever into the lock position.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    Yes, will and with the slide assembled a couple taps with rubber mallet will put the take-down lever into the lock position.
    I'd say go ahead and assemble, and shoot. Should break in with use.
    Product Manager - Tactical and Pro Shop

    Beretta USA Corporation

  9. #9
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Okay, thanks for the help!

  10. #10
    Site Supporter Les Pepperoni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SRQ - Florida
    Mmmm... Giggity... Giggity...

    Beretta is making tight tolerance frames...

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •