Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HK P30 DA/SA at 25 yards

HK P30 DA/SA at 25 yards

I am doing more shooting from the holster and trying to get better putting rounds on target at a faster pace.
    Fired 2 rounds from concealment at 25 yards shooting at the head part of a standard range target.
    Took about 4 to 5 seconds to get both rounds off.
    22 rounds
    14 inside the target
    8 outside.
    I started in DA for the first round.
    Would I be more accurate with a LEM trigger system. ?

And when you can't hit to your liking with LEM, will you switch again? More rounds, more dry fire, stick to one platform. Have you received any formal training? Keep what you have and focus. If you keep chasing the next "best" thing, then you'll never reach your potential.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    And when you can't hit to your liking with LEM, will you switch again? More rounds, more dry fire, stick to one platform. Have you received any formal training? Keep what you have and focus. If you keep chasing the next "best" thing, then you'll never reach your potential.
    +1

I would slow down, too-advice I often don't take enough from myself. At 25 yds yesterday, I was able to draw from AIWB and hit a 5" plate at 2.53 seconds with my own P30 DA/SA and I shot it in DA. It was just for sh$*s and giggles in combination with a lucky shot, b/c I couldn't replicate it the rest of the day, but I was able to do a few more within 3 seconds. I was having a lot of fun with my new timer, the Pocket Pro 2, so I just started using it on any crazy thing I could think of-sometimes being a complete lunatic can break some barriers

ETA: That wasn't supposed to be a bragging post, it was meant to be a 'if I can do it, SNE, then you can do it too.' I'm a fan of the DA/SA platform and I love my P30 and it is more accurate than I'm capable of wringing out of it, but I'm sure gonna try to push that envelope as far as I can.
    Last edited by BaiHu; 04-22-2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Hubris
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Advice that is easier to give than receive, is it is the Indian not the arrow or bow. Reviewing TLG's scores at Rogers, it appears he shot higher best scores with a Sig and Beretta than his M&P, going contrary to the notion that a SA striker pistol is easier to shoot than DA/SA.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Would I be more accurate with a LEM trigger system. ?
    I find that, for the same par on timer, I am more accurate with lighter triggers than heavier ones (although trigger weight is not the only factor). Is that a deep statement or what? Seeing how 5 lbs and under trigger are so popular now - negative connectors on Glocks, Apex parts on M&Ps, PPQs etc. - I figure I am not alone here...

You're shooting at 25 yards where even minor angular muzzle deviation will play out big on the target. The drill that you have is more of a marksmanship drill then it is a "speed" drill. I say there is a reasonable chance you might get a better hit rate with lighter LEM trigger.
    I'd try to figure out which shot you're missing - first or second. My guess is that if first is off, LEM might help; if second is off, then I doubt it.

I found that I could be very precise with the SA trigger:

B8 target. 25 yards, 20 shots (10 free style in 15 seconds, 5 right handed and 5 left handed in 10 seconds each)

*Note* This was following quite a bit of 25 yard work for standards verification. I normally do not shoot that well at that pace at 25.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I found that I could be very precise with the SA trigger:

B8 target. 25 yards, 20 shots (10 free style in 15 seconds, 5 right handed and 5 left handed in 10 seconds each)

*Note* This was following quite a bit of 25 yard work for standards verification. I normally do not shoot that well at that pace at 25.
    Pretty holes! I know, PHRASING! But I couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    I will stick with the DA/SA
    When I shoot slow fire I am decent at 25 & 50 yards.
    Once I speed up my accuarcy is sub par.

30 rounds single action slow fire 25 yards

Once I speed up and start in DA my shooting sucks...
    I will start doing more DA/SA shooting ..
    Have you received any formal training = No..
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 04-23-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Are these bench rest or offhand??

I would not go changing yet. It's not that easy to change a P30 is it?

This drill of hitting a head in a compressed time frame at 25 yds is pretty aggressive. Basically all pretty good if shooting for the torso A zone right?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List