Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 1990s Colts and MIM Extractors...

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the insights, guys. I'm hoping to get the pistol (and the new mags) back out to the range tonight. Haven't had a ton of time the last two weeks... just moved. But I'll report back on how the the Tripp, the Wilson and the Checkmate function.

Site Supporter
    Results were not great.

Had 2 FTFs. One with the Tripp. I think the other one was with the CMC (before I said “Checkmate”—meant CMC).

First FTF was of the “half into the chamber at a 45 degree angle” variety. Second seemed to be an inertia feed. Also had a premature slide lock.

Definitely not a performance I’d deem satisfactory.

You ran the gun with stock springs and mags, and had a FTF, on your first range session.

You changed springs, and mags, and experienced 2 malfunctions on your second session? I suggest you go back to the original configuration and shoot it more, and really get an idea what you're trying to fix. Changing a bunch of things is what get's lots of people in trouble.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    You ran the gun with stock springs and mags, and had a FTF, on your first range session.

You changed springs, and mags, and experienced 2 malfunctions on your second session?
    Yeah. Good point. I figured I was eliminating a variable in in the off chance the stock spring was worn out. I guess it introduced new one. Honestly the fresh spring didn’t feel any more springy. Didn’t feel any different at all. Surprised I got that inertia feed (well, live round stovepiped, up) with the new mags.

User Tag List