Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Dot Sights on Pistols - Department Policy, Training, Approved List, Etc

Red Dot Sights on Pistols - Department Policy, Training, Approved List, Etc

All,

RFI (Request For Information) - I was recently approached by my Department's Training Sergeant and asked to compile information on Red Dot Sights on Pistols for our agency.

I work for a 200+ Sworn Agency. The only items the Department supplies are badge, radio, and taser. Everything else is purchased by the Individual Officer. Officers can carry 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 APC service pistols. Officers carry Glock, Sig, S&W M&P, H&K, Springfield XD, 1911's, etc.

I'm seeking the following information for Red Dot Sights on Service Pistols:

1) Department Policy
    2) Training Information (Transition training, qualification, etc)
    3) Approved Optics Lists
    4) Approved Mounting Solution Lists
    5) Any other relevant information that may be useful

If you can help me out with any of the information posted above please contact me or send it to Carpenter0311@msn.com
    Private messages often get lost as I'm posting this to several different locations. Best way to contact me is via email.

Thanks in advance!

S/F,
    Jeff

Many people are suggesting Sage Dynamics / Aaron Cowan's White Paper, I have it and it's part of the packet. Seeking more information. Thanks for all the help!

I go back in Wednesday. I’ll get our policy and approved lists.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    I am a pilot program, and the only RDS pistol in the dept. We are looking to shake things out, apparently by trial and error. Head of firearms was against it, Chief approved it. I am supposed to be willing to give the concept a thumbs up or down, make policy recommendations, and training if this concept goes forward. I am also interested in any info I can get.

thanks,

pat

I don't have contact info, but I know that the Vincennes, IN PD is issuing RMRs on G17 MOS' to all of its officers. You might reach out to them and see if someone in their training department has some of the info you're looking for.

Email inbound...

I hope it helps.
    Stay Sharp & Stay Safe!

Quote Originally Posted by USMC03 View Post
    Many people are suggesting Sage Dynamics / Aaron Cowan's White Paper, I have it and it's part of the packet. Seeking more information. Thanks for all the help!
    Dan Smith is an instructor for Centrifuge Training and is keen on getting departments in on red dots. He could probably be of help if you message him.
    https://instagram.com/danno1812?igshid=1iuof416kb38n

There is also Jim Dexter of Tactically Sound, he is another instructor who gives out great information about red dots.
    https://www.policeone.com/police-pro...5woXwx2xlvfdL/

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    Dan Smith is an instructor for Centrifuge Training and is keen on getting departments in on red dots. He could probably be of help if you message him.
    https://instagram.com/danno1812?igshid=1iuof416kb38n

There is also Jim Dexter of Tactically Sound, he is another instructor who gives out great information about red dots.
    https://www.policeone.com/police-pro...5woXwx2xlvfdL/

Olim9,

Thanks, I've already been in contact with Jim and he sent me a ton of useful info, but this is the first suggestion for Dan at Centrifuge. I'll contact him. If you know him feel free to do an email invitation between the two of us. Thanks!!!!

Thanks to everyone that has sent me info. Short on time, I've been doing this on my own time, I'll be replying to your emails soon. If anyone else has anything to add, please feel free to send it.

Thanks

@USMC03 I sent you an email.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List