Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 40S&W making a comeback

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Historical facts and TTAG?!

Hey, they have a video of a 6-inch full underlug 686 locking up due to an internal lock malfunction while firing. Thumb cocking slow fire, but still...
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Hey, they have a video of a 6-inch full underlug 686 locking up due to an internal lock malfunction while firing. Thumb cocking slow fire, but still...
    A turd with a few kernels of corn in it is still a turd.

Quote Originally Posted by URIT View Post
    There are very few things that stir a more passionate debate among LEOs than handgun calibers.
    I wonder how well you actually know cops. During my twenty seven years, I heard passionate discussions about everything from barbeque grills to vacuum cleaners, but rarely handgun calibers.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I wonder how well you actually know cops. During my twenty seven years, I heard passionate discussions about everything from barbeque grills to vacuum cleaners, but rarely handgun calibers.
    In just shy of 20 years as a Federal LE firearms instructor, I could probably count on one hand the number of agents I've worked with who know anything about guns, calibers, etc. 99.9% of the folks I've dealt with just take what's issued to them, shoot only when forced to, and clean only when the pistol starts to malfunction.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Except the old guy that sports the Wyatt Earp mustache, wears amber shooting glasses all the time, and carries a 1911 on duty...that guy discusses caliber (referring to every other caliber as a "poodle shooter") every chance he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Except the old guy that sports the Wyatt Earp mustache, wears amber shooting glasses all the time, and carries a 1911 on duty...that guy discusses caliber (referring to every other caliber as a "poodle shooter") every chance he gets.

Snap.......

Every department has one of those guys. I have to admit, other than the 'stache, I might have been that guy once upon a time.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Name:  ED6F7689-67C0-4A9A-B183-EF88C2991B3F.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  28.4 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

.40 isn't coming back. 9mm is over 100 years old, and never really went away even when .40 s&w was THE answer.

.40 will dwindle away, slowly but surely. There simply aren't enough competition shooters and people who bought a police trade in but haven't converted it to 9mm to keep it alive.

Holy Cow!

URIT won a "Department Trophy" and his friend's dogs former owner was once an FBI agent!

Awesome..

I don't have those kind of credentials.

That said,when I was younger I worked for Mr. Johnson in the grocery store in a little town called Rock Ridge.

I was there when a bad guy named Mongo came to town. The biggest guy I had ever seen. I was there when the Sheriff delivered a message to Mongo.

Never forget it.

I doubt a 9mm, or an FBI agent could have done it better.

Site Supporter
    @Lost River - That's one of "those" posts, eh?

User Tag List