Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 40S&W making a comeback

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Except the old guy that sports the Wyatt Earp mustache, wears amber shooting glasses all the time, and carries a 1911 on duty...that guy discusses caliber (referring to every other caliber as a "poodle shooter") every chance he gets.
    Name:  BFC24E66-3507-4EFE-8B72-BBD27157D4E8.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  54.4 KB

40S&W making a comeback
    Name:  554A8EB7-B558-4496-A44B-9491C06DC21A.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  26.4 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    In just shy of 20 years as a Federal LE firearms instructor, I could probably count on one hand the number of agents I've worked with who know anything about guns, calibers, etc. 99.9% of the folks I've dealt with just take what's issued to them, shoot only when forced to, and clean only when the pistol starts to malfunction.
    You should have seen the condition of some of the M45A1 pistols that were returned to Colt. Those were sold on GB.

All that told me was that even elite military units don't really care about what they use or the condition.

I suspect the FBI is the same. About the only people that care about this stuff is purchasing agents and people who write about it to eat.

In a few years the FBI will come back and say they have reevaluated the 40 and it's back to the future.

It's a minor detail.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

In a few years the FBI will come back and say they have reevaluated the 40 and it's back to the future.
    Constantly disappointeded that Boomers, not the often faulted millennials or Gen Z, say the dumbest, most misinformed shit on here. It's like every few months.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Constantly disappointeded that Boomers, not the often faulted millennials or Gen Z, say the dumbest, most misinformed shit on here. It's like every few months.
    Wow. Did you forget a smiley there, or do you just not play well with others?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Well, just consider our brains endured the 60's drug culture which killed a lot of brain cells. We still have a lot of flashbacks.

Just be careful on the road. If you get hit it will probably be a boomer that takes you out.

I apologize in advance.
    Last edited by Borderland; 11-25-2019 at 06:59 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

The only way I see .40 S&W coming back is if there is once again legislation that limits magazine capacity. If we see a magazine capacity limit, I would expect to see a resurgence of .45 ACP, 10mm, and .40 S&W, with the latter in service pistols suitable for hands and fingers of all sizes. If the limit is low enough (say seven), I would expect a resurgence of revolvers, especially in .45 Colt and .357 Magnum.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    The only way I see .40 S&W coming back is if there is once again legislation that limits magazine capacity. If we see a magazine capacity limit, I would expect to see a resurgence of .45 ACP, 10mm, and .40 S&W, with the latter in service pistols suitable for hands and fingers of all sizes. If the limit is low enough (say seven), I would expect a resurgence of revolvers, especially in .45 Colt and .357 Magnum.
    If we start seeing capacity limitations across the board I’ll probably go the way of commander sized 1911s to supplement the carrying of my J-frame and pick up an LCR along the way. Yes it’ll be a little heavier than an equivalent polymer gun, but I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around neutered double stack magazines that are partially or half full.

Either way, still probably wouldn’t go .40S&W, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    You should have seen the condition of some of the M45A1 pistols that were returned to Colt. Those were sold on GB.

All that told me was that even elite military units don't really care about what they use or the condition.

I suspect the FBI is the same. About the only people that care about this stuff is purchasing agents and people who write about it to eat.

It's a minor detail.
    I see you’ve changed threads and are spouting your uninformed nonsense here now. You’re very, very out of touch. Just because you have a keyboard doesn’t mean you should use it.

As for 40 coming back. I can’t imagine it will ever thrive again for all the reasons that have already been stated. If there is a surge in people buying 40 caliber guns it’s only because some shooters can’t resist a deal and are buying all the trade in guns from people who know better and dumped them.

If we've accepted that there mostly negligible and specific differences between major calibers, and that many/most shooters in 9mm guns perform demonstrably better than in larger calibers, why would .40/.45 make a comeback with new legislation? In a compact to full size gun, 10 rounds is still only ten rounds. In a subcompact or a 6-8rd 9mm, it's now 5-7. For most folks, that's the same or fewer rounds to shoot worse with.

I don't get it?
    Last edited by ST911; 11-25-2019 at 10:01 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List