Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Scotus -oh dear, Remington

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Looks like Outdoor Brands has seen the writing in the wall and is feeding Smith and Wesson to wolves.
    Buy a profitable gun company, load it up with debt buying other "outdoor" brands, then spin off the debt-laden gun company near bankruptcy. Hostile takeovers meet social justice activism...

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Buy a profitable gun company, load it up with debt buying other "outdoor" brands, then spin off the debt-laden gun company near bankruptcy. Hostile takeovers meet social justice activism...
    Closer to a speculative move gone south. If Hillary Clinton won , they’d be stacking the bills.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Maybe they can get out from under the union contracts...
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Looks like Outdoor Brands has seen the writing in the wall and is feeding Smith and Wesson to wolves.
    Most likely, it is a move to isolate the rest of their assets/holdings from any potential liability that the S&W brand may evetually see.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Does this bring an end to product marketing which depicts multicam clad warriors kitted up in the latest secret squirrel gear to imply said product is used by elite military commandos?

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I am asking a question here. Not saying this is necessarily my thoughts.

What does suing the company have to do with the constitution or the 2nd amendment specifically? McDonald’s got sued over hot coffee along with millions of other pointless lawsuits? Maybe the scotus determined that this did not effect individuals rights right to bear arms. They pass on a lot of things we have no clue about. And also state laws are not necessarily federal either. Each state does have their own specific set of laws. So maybe they also figured this is a internal issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    See: https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketP...icus-brief.pdf

TL;DR: "SUMMARY OF ARGUMENT The Second Amendment requires protection from abusive civil lawsuits, just as the First Amendment did in New York Times v. Sullivan...."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsfield View Post
    See: https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketP...icus-brief.pdf

TL;DR: "SUMMARY OF ARGUMENT The Second Amendment requires protection from abusive civil lawsuits, just as the First Amendment did in New York Times v. Sullivan...."
    Thank you. So why in the hell did they deny the case if this is a federal law?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List