Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: University of Virginia Cancels 21-Gun Salute to Appease Snowflake Students

University of Virginia Cancels 21-Gun Salute to Appease Snowflake Students

I guess we're at the point where a 21 gun salute on veterans day triggers the delicate snowflakes.

https://townhall.com/columnists/todd...dents-n2556271

Site Supporter
    Good fucking grief.

I am embarrassed by what this nation has become.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I am embarrassed by what this nation has become.
    To be fair, it’s mostly our higher educational institutions, our media, and our political elite. The country itself is still filled with great people, IMO.

PS. I’m well aware that I’m preaching not just to the choir, but to a section leader in the choir...
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 11-12-2019 at 11:36 AM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I weep for my alma mater.

Mr. Jefferson would not be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    To be fair, it’s mostly our higher educational institutions, our media, and our political elite. The country itself is still filled with great people, IMO.
    I wouldn't know how to quantify nor validate that assertion. I also know that a great number of snowflakes I've seen in the real world or on TV are not on campuses.

That said, I'd like to not be embarrassed by what this nation has is becoming.

(One look at the Dem candidates, their platforms and agendas gives a big clue, imho. Not that the R's are giving me a warm, fuzzy feeling.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    "It also, ironically, sends an unfortunate message about students: That they are too fragile, too delicate, too distractible to deal with the 'interruption' of the salute. That they are too insular, too wrapped up in their own worlds to comprehend and accept this longstanding practice. That they must be protected from the reality that exists outside academia," they wrote.
    Unfortunate, but probably also truthful for a large chunk. Teenagers have always been about drama, but hol-ee-shit has social media amped that up.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    One look at the Dem candidates, their platforms and agendas gives a big clue, imho.
    Point taken.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    I love learning, but I assume if you have a degree, you lack wisdom. The higher the degree, the more foolish you are likely to be.

It scares me that so many people go to college.

Yes I have a degree. Besides Spanish, it was an absolute waste of time.

This is the future (as well as the present) and just like in Orwell’s 1984 it only gets worse. Nothing is going to stop it.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

User Tag List