-----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Damn your eyes, LL.
    The nicest thing she's ever said to me
    #RESIST

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    OK, this is actually pretty decent for the price.

https://www.amazon.com/CRKT-M16-01S-.../dp/B006SK1JQU
    Mine came today. It is a nice little knife.

I might get a spare.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Mine came today. After playing with it a bit and carrying it for the evening, I can't imagine when I'd choose it over one of the other knives I've been carrying lately. It will make a nice white elephant gift for the holiday party this year. Lots of engineers and tech people; someone will like it.

The biggest annoyance is the thumb stud, which is wider than the grips and adjacent to the clip, so it always hangs up on the edge of my pocket. And the handle doesn't work well with my hands. It's a big blade-to-handle ratio, but that's actually kind of a problem. Not enough to hang onto, so excessive care is required.

YMMV.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Got mine today, probably not displacing any of the Spydercos, but for the $15 it is worth practicing the deployment method. Nice little piece of kit, will be handy to have around, even if not in the EDC rotation. So thanks for the tip!!

This is all code for "I will probably forget I got it and it will be confiscated by TSA and cost me my PreCheck status..."

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Comparing the CRKT and the Buck Bantam. CRKT is at the top of all photos.

The CRKT is slimmer.

The blade length is the same.

But look at the thumb knob to open it. The Buck can be flicked open in one motion. For the CRKT, you have to push on the knob on the back of the blade to pivot it out about half-way, then flick it the rest of the way open.

The pocket clip on the CRKT is stronger, less chance of losing the knife.

For a general pocket knife, I’d choose the CRKT. For a knife when you may have a non-zero chance of having to cut someone, I’d choose the Buck.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Comparing the CRKT and the Buck Bantam. CRKT is at the top of all photos.

The CRKT is slimmer.

The blade length is the same.

But look at the thumb knob to open it. The Buck can be flicked open in one motion. For the CRKT, you have to push on the knob on the back of the blade to pivot it out about half-way, then flick it the rest of the way open.

The pocket clip on the CRKT is stronger, less chance of losing the knife.

For a general pocket knife, I’d choose the CRKT. For a knife when you may have a non-zero chance of having to cut someone, I’d choose the Buck.
    Good synopsis. Both arrived shaving sharp. Great knives for the price. WRT the CRKT, once the knife breaks in a bit, you can get the blade to lock just by flicking the knob on the back of the blade, but it is not 100% so far.
    Last edited by Willard; 11-23-2019 at 03:47 AM.

One popped up for $14 again...and it’s gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List