Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Sig RomeoZero in the wild

I also just picked up a 365XL with R0 installed - couldn't pass it up at the LE price. The optic came with a battery installed, but was dead on arrival. Switched the battery, still nothing. Sent a Fri night e-mail to Sig Optics CS, and chalked it up to buy a Sig.

Sat morning, picked the pistol up, and wonder of wonders, there's a dot! Took it to the range, and it lived through the first 200 rounds with no problems, and was able to go 48 for 48 on the "head" portion of our steel targets at 25 yards, without touching the zero.

I have a 507K on order, and I don't plan on keeping this R0 on the gun once a "real" optic arrives. Big issues for me so far - it feels cheap and flimsy, so I've got limited trust it'll stay functional for too long. Second, the fact that the power and brightness adjustment button is INSIDE the optic right behind the lens makes no sense whatsoever. The zero-adjustment with the tiny allen key seems like a less than perfect option as well, but, again, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    the fact that the power and brightness adjustment button is INSIDE the optic right behind the lens makes no sense whatsoever. The zero-adjustment with the tiny allen key seems like a less than perfect option as well, but, again, time will tell.
    Well, this is why some of us won’t run a Deltapoint Pro for serious work, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Well, this is why some of us won’t run a Deltapoint Pro for serious work, either.
    How much time do you have operating a DP Pro?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    How much time do you have operating a DP Pro?
    Not much, maybe 200 hours. I simply do not like having to toggle up and down with the single button in order to adjust brightness. I prefer the RMR for carry.

Not much, maybe 200 hours. I simply do not like having to toggle up and down with the single button in order to adjust brightness. I prefer the RMR for carry.
    I suspect most people would prefer the size, controls and integration with BUIS with the RMR, and with the Pro the ease of changing batteries, the clear window and how the larger display of the DP Pro makes it easier to shoot.

I suspect most people would prefer the size, controls and integration with BUIS with the RMR, and with the Pro the ease of changing batteries, the clear window and how the larger display of the DP Pro makes it easier to shoot.
    Again, my reference was “for serious work” which I define as suitable for a fight.

I am sure you’re aware of all of the following, of course, but let’s review:

-Frequency of battery changes with the RMR vs DPP are perhaps one for four. With a good mount, and use of a torque wrench, RMR zero is easy to maintain after battery change.

-DPP is more difficult to conceal carry due to size.

-DPP view is certainly clear and wide, but if you’re target focused as you should be, and have a reasonable presentation, it doesn’t matter much.

-Reliability of the RMR Type 2 vs DPP is probably more or less a moot point. If YOURS breaks, you have a problem. But I know which one I would expect to keep working after a drop or impact.

-You need an America’s Cup spinnaker size BUIS with a DPP.

Again, my reference was “for serious work” which I define as suitable for a fight.

I am sure you’re aware of all of the following, of course, but let’s review:

-Frequency of battery changes with the RMR vs DPP are perhaps one for four. With a good mount, and use of a torque wrench, RMR zero is easy to maintain after battery change.

-DPP is more difficult to conceal carry due to size.

-DPP view is certainly clear and wide, but if you’re target focused as you should be, and have a reasonable presentation, it doesn’t matter much.

-Reliability of the RMR Type 2 vs DPP is probably more or less a moot point. If YOURS breaks, you have a problem. But I know which one I would expect to keep working after a drop or impact.

-You need an America’s Cup spinnaker size BUIS with a DPP.
    Different folks have different opinions, based on their needs and assessment of product features. As an example, the military specified the DP Pro footprint on the Sig pistols, and presumably they are interested in “serious work.”

Otherwise I agree with most of your points above, with the exception of the difference in the RMR and DP Pro display, and shooting ease. It is very rare to see a RMR in high level USPSA competition, while the SRO is easily the most commonly used optic, circa 2020.

I agree with most of your points above, with the exception of the difference in the RMR and DP Pro display, and shooting ease. It is very rare to see a RMR in high level USPSA competition, while the SRO is easily the most commonly used optic, circa 2020.
    Again, “fighting”. Competition is a very important component of building skills, but it isn’t the same as a fight. I haven’t carried an SRO in AIWB, but I don’t need to hit my thumb with a hammer to know the experience will suck.

Again, “fighting”. Competition is a very important component of building skills, but it isn’t the same as a fight. I haven’t carried an SRO in AIWB, but I don’t need to hit my thumb with a hammer to know the experience will suck.
    You should try carrying a pistol with an SRO AIWB, and you might feel differently. I do all the time, am wearing a 19/SRO right now, and there is essentially zero difference between an SRO or RMR carried this way, because all the extra volume of the SRO is right at the belt line. Now an ACRO is a whole different proposition, because it’s mass extends to the rear of the optic.

In a fight, I would much rather be shooting a SRO, especially with one hand or from a compromised position. Just one data point, but my wife finished first overall (everyone not lady) at the Gunsite GAS match in 2019, shooting a SRO. She was fastest in raw time and had the least penalty points of anyone in the match.

Name:  4CD2FF16-F28E-4BF5-B3A5-A2D485BAAF7E.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  37.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Different folks have different opinions, based on their needs and assessment of product features. As an example, the military specified the DP Pro footprint on the Sig pistols, and presumably they are interested in “serious work.”

Otherwise I agree with most of your points above, with the exception of the difference in the RMR and DP Pro display, and shooting ease. It is very rare to see a RMR in high level USPSA competition, while the SRO is easily the most commonly used optic, circa 2020.
    I'm with GJM on this one. For a time I thought I didn't like pistol optics because they were synonymous with RMRs. Since gaining a broader base of experience including RMRs, DPPs, SRO's ACROs, Holosun SIG Romeo and SIG ROMEO1 PRO and even an Aimpoint H1 I've learned the RMR is simply my least favorite Pistol Optic. I see better performance with every optic listed vs the RMR. For the record I have "killed" both a DPP and a Gen 1 RMR.

As for "fighting" the U.S. Marshals have been allowing the RMR and DPP for a couple years now and decided to issue the DPP to theirSOG (national tactical team) members. IME they have the highest rate of OIS in federal LE. Locally many are opting for the DPP.

I believe @NickDrak has been running an SRO on duty for a while now an is up to 8 or 10k rounds on one.

My own agency is currently issuing SIG Romeo1 PROs to our SRT team members as the final evaluation phase of a broader RDS program. The Romeo1 PRO is basically a DPP clone with brightness adjustment buttons on the side instead of on top of the battery compartment like the DPP.

The biggest issue with the DPP's was some having issues with the electronics getting beaten up and/or the battery contact coming loose but the latest versions, particularly the newest with the blue battery compartment interior (vs the old green) seem to have addressed this.

@SoCalDep has some excellent info on his agency's "fighting" dot experiences as well.
    Last edited by HCM; 08-20-2020 at 09:54 PM.

User Tag List