Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig RomeoZero in the wild

Email alert from Osage County Guns is how I managed to pick one up. I got lucky and saw the email within a few minutes of it coming in. There were only three left in stock as I was checking out.

Hopefully Talionis will add info soon, but the Zero on his 365XL died a few days ago. Not sure whether it was a battery or electronics issue.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Only an ass would've said something like told you so..

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Since @GJM has been endowed with moderator powers, maybe he can make that post a sticky: other than Talionis's SIG optic dying within next 1-2 thousand rounds, the state of affairs is unlikely to change in next 5 years.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Hopefully Talionis will add info soon, but the Zero on his 365XL died a few days ago. Not sure whether it was a battery or electronics issue.
    As GJM mentioned, the dot on my RomeoZero was dead as I de-gunned at the end of Christmas day. After sourcing and installing a replacement 1632 battery, the optic is back up and running as before, so it seems like a simple case of battery drain. I initially thought there might have been an issue with the motion activation leading to increased battery drain, but the dot still shuts off after two minutes without motion.

Lifespan for the first battery was almost exactly 6 weeks. I'm going to experiment with different intensity levels on the dot and see if that changes things, will also experiment with different battery brands.
    TY83544

Got mine in today. Will shoot it either this afternoon or tomorrow night. Out of the box it feels a little cheap.

Name:  IMG_2767.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  30.8 KB

I went ahead and installed it. At first, the button did not work at all. Then it suddenly started working.

The brightness adjustment feature is irritating and awkward, to say the least.

Name:  IMG_2770.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  43.5 KB

I didn't have time to go to my truck and take a gangster gun-in-lap photo with a steering wheel in the frame, so I used my desk.

The dot on mine is definitely not as crisp as Trijicon or Holosun. It appears to be misshapen with a bit of blur on the right edge of the dot. If you move the dot to the left edge of the lens, it gets really blurry. That does not happen when moved to the right, in fact, the right edge of the lens is where the dot is at it's clearest. If you move the dot low in the screen, a large red ring comes down from the top of the lens and washes it out. I will try shooting it, but I don't foresee keeping this one.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 01-09-2020 at 02:47 PM.

Oh, and the backup sights are not what I consider usable. Great idea, poor execution. It almost looks like the front of the Romeo Zero flexes up when torqued. I am not sure if that causes the bottom of the sight window to obscure the sights. You can barely see the very top of the sights through the window. Better than nothing...barely.

I also left my gun laying dead still from 5 pm to 9:40 pm. The dot was on when I looked through the sight without touching it. Mine might be defective.

First 100 rounds through the Zero today. I will say that the flaws that are so glaringly apparent when examining the sight are less noticeable when shooting. So far, at least.

Sighted in fine. After zeroing, I shot groups at 12 then some doubles until I had depleted 50 rounds total including sight-in. I shot the last 50 doing D1's and D2's at 7 from concealment.

The MoTac started working. That or it is so sensitive that the air currents from opening and closing doors are enough to wake it up when lying on a filing cabinet. Last night I laid it up on top of the gun safe. In two minutes it went to sleep. I snapped the door of the safe two feet below the optic and it woke up instantly.

I don't know if this thing is going to hold up or not. Its lens is distorted garbage and the dot is blurry. Strangely, it still works fine when shooting. I really wish I had an RMSc to compare it to.

(Edited for spelling)
    Last edited by cornstalker; 01-11-2020 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I also left my gun laying dead still from 5 pm to 9:40 pm. The dot was on when I looked through the sight without touching it. Mine might be defective.
    Got mine yesterday but haven't shot it yet. Mine sits high in the front as well. Brightness button itself and it's placement are horrible too. I'm still impressed with the size and weight. Will have more feedback once I actually send some rounds downrange. So far I like it. Time will tell.

Cornstalker, are you going to ask Sig to replace your Zero? those mostly sound like QC issues, and I feel like they would try to make it right.

User Tag List