Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig RomeoZero in the wild

Sig RomeoZero in the wild

A couple Sig RomeoZero optics showed up by surprise at the shop I work at and I snagged one to try out. Initial impressions are positive, and that it has a chance at being outstanding for its intended role.

First, the optic is not built or marketed as a duty grade optic; it is a polymer body and apparently polycarbonate lens, meant for the concealed carry crowd. The construction accounts for the optic’s very light weight, .3 of an ounce on the shop scale.

I find the window and dot very useable for the size of the optic. Mine is 6moa and has plenty of brightness for max daylight. The window has a slight bluish tint that is less pronounced than many other optics, and the housing is minimal enough that overall vision with the optic is quite good.

I really like that the dot is a plug and play solution for my p365xl, including a rear sight notch in the optic housing and that is regulated to replace the rear irons. The dot matches up with the irons from the factory, which is pretty cool.

Sig advertises a battery life of up to 10 years, which I assume is 10 years sitting in the safe with the motion sensor dormant, but we shall see.

The emitter is the primary concern for me, it is not shielded in any way, simply recessed into the housing. This optic is in no way waterproof, we will see how that translates to daily carry concealed.

We shall see if I can break it. If not, it is a neat little optic and has an almost perfect form factor for the size gun it is built for. Name:  C2E5F5AA-6B18-4F23-98E0-E629F615EE2A.jpg
Views: 2147
Size:  49.6 KB
    TY83544

I’m hoping we will see more and more single stack sized RDS as time goes on - I’m finding they help with my aging eyes, and a dot equipped 43 or 48 would be a big help.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post
    This optic is in no way waterproof, we will see how that translates to daily carry concealed.
    Are the electronics unprotected/not sealed?

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Are the electronics unprotected/not sealed?
    The emitter is recessed fairly well, but is not sealed off as with my delta point pros.
    TY83544

Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post

Name:  C2E5F5AA-6B18-4F23-98E0-E629F615EE2A.jpg
Views: 2147
Size:  49.6 KB
    This should be your setup for the next CO Nationals. Maybe I could close the gap by a couple percentage points then.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    What mounting is it compatible with?
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Shield RMS

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    This should be your setup for the next CO Nationals. Maybe I could close the gap by a couple percentage points then.
    I dunno, this thing shoots closer to a full sized gun than anything I've been hands on with, it might get lost in the noise. One of these days I might get some numbers on how this does compared to the legion on a few drills.
    TY83544

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    My understanding is that the footprint is the same as the RMS/RMS-C from Shield, and furthermore, that the optic is OEM'd by Shield.
    TY83544

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Your sense of humor has kept pace with your shooting progress, I rate it A plus.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List