Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Sig RomeoZero in the wild

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

In a fight, I would much rather be shooting a SRO, especially with one hand or from a compromised position. Just one data point, but my wife finished first overall (everyone not lady) at the Gunsite GAS match in 2019, shooting a SRO. She was fastest in raw time and had the least penalty points of anyone in the match.

Attachment 59091
    I was there too, and everyone was impressed with her stellar performance. I think I was on one stage with her and her performance was humbling to say the least. You should be proud... and very careful around the house

Hope to see you at the next one. I will be doing the Cooper Memorial and a range day in a couple of weeks, and after GAS in October, repeating my 499.

Getting some good user feedback on SRO vs RMR tucked away in the Romeo Zero thread. Gotta love this place!

IG note and photo from Frank Proctor on a Romeo 3 Max

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEt_imbB...d=unxg68xnnz1f
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Getting back to the Romeo Zero.

Just did the first battery change. Got about 3 months out of the factory battery.

The torque spec per SIG is 8 inch/LBS. most torque drivers like my Wiha and Fat max start at 10. Apparently the Vortex one starts at 8 ?

Went to the indoor range tonight and had a significant zero shift. About 3” left and 5” low at 7 yards.

Tried to adjust / re-zero but could only get it to go up and right about an inch.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-11-2020 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Just did the first battery change. Got about 3 months out of the factory battery.

The torque spec per SIG is 8 inch/LBS. most torque drivers like my Wiha and Fat max start at 10. Apparently the Vortex one starts at 8 ?

Went to the indoor range tonight and had a significant zero shift. About 3” left and 5” low at 7 yards.

Tried to adjust / re-zero but could only get it to go up and right about an inch.
    I’ve come across a couple people at classes who have had good results with their R0’s. But I still can’t see the reason why I’d not just get a 407k for about the same or a 507k for a bit more. Zeroing the R0, adjusting the brightness, replacing battery, all a pain in the ass.

Sigh. This is my surprised faced. I have not had to change the batteries in my R0s yet, but I did have to remove two Romeo1s to get the serial numbers off of them (they arrived from Sig installed on the slides). There was significant zero shift in both units when I reinstalled them - much more than I expected given the mounting system. Both dots were so far low and right that I expected to run out of adjustment before re-zeroing them. I thought about removing and reinstalling to see if I could get the dots more centered. It worked out, though. There was enough adjustment to get it done.

The R0s are have a similar mounting system.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    Sigh. This is my surprised faced. I have not had to change the batteries in my R0s yet, but I did have to remove two Romeo1s to get the serial numbers off of them (they arrived from Sig installed on the slides). There was significant zero shift in both units when I reinstalled them - much more than I expected given the mounting system. Both dots were so far low and right that I expected to run out of adjustment before re-zeroing them. I thought about removing and reinstalling to see if I could get the dots more centered. It worked out, though. There was enough adjustment to get it done.

The R0s are have a similar mounting system.
    Well, just to update - be very careful when installing /re-installing the R0.

TLDR when they say 8 inch/LBS they mean 8 inch/LBS. apparently, despite using a torque driver on the minimum (10lb) setting I managed to sink the screw head into the plastic body and get one stuck, even though the screw was not cross threaded. Wound up buying a second Romeo and will be sending this one back in.,

Though the sight itself worked well, the long term answer will be to get a 507k...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Well, just to update - be very careful when installing /re-installing the R0.

TLDR when they say 8 inch/LBS they mean 8 inch/LBS. apparently, despite using a torque driver on the minimum (10lb) setting I managed to sink the screw head into the plastic body and get one stuck, even though the screw was not cross threaded. Wound up buying a second Romeo and will be sending this one back in.,

Though the sight itself worked well, the long term answer will be to get a 507k...
    Yikes.

Anyone got pictures of how a Romeo Zero comes apart for battery changes and\or during a failure mode?

I find myself wondering if it'd be worth trialing a voiding of the warranty, by way of internal spacers to prevent installational destruction and potting the internals. It's likely the path of madness, but it wouldn't be me if I didn't research it to its logical conclusion.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    Anyone got pictures of how a Romeo Zero comes apart for battery changes and\or during a failure mode?

I find myself wondering if it'd be worth trialing a voiding of the warranty, by way of internal spacers to prevent installational destruction and potting the internals. It's likely the path of madness, but it wouldn't be me if I didn't research it to its logical conclusion.
    Romeo zero is open on the underside like an RMR. They include a plastic sticker to put like a sealing plate on the bottom.

User Tag List