Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Sig RomeoZero in the wild

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    IG note and photo from Frank Proctor on a Romeo 3 Max

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEt_imbB...d=unxg68xnnz1f
    I put a Romeo 3 Max on a Glock MOS using a CMore plate.

Name:  9501B1C1-CC8C-4563-B0BD-F9986842CD70.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  27.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    Anyone got pictures of how a Romeo Zero comes apart for battery changes and\or during a failure mode?

I find myself wondering if it'd be worth trialing a voiding of the warranty, by way of internal spacers to prevent installational destruction and potting the internals. It's likely the path of madness, but it wouldn't be me if I didn't research it to its logical conclusion.
    I have two friends who have had total failures of Romeo Zeros in EDC roles- both of them had a maximum of 50 rounds on them. One simply died and wouldn’t turn back on despite known good battery changes. The other had a failure of the frame holding the emitter in the body after a (literal) 1.5 foot drop onto concrete in a garage. Went from a dot to a diagonal streak across the entire screen.

In both cases the units were promptly replaced by SIG, and despite my best efforts my friends won’t go for something more robust, but neither of them is what anyone would call a serious shooter.

I think it would be difficult to epoxy-pot the interior without locking up the adjustment mechanism.

User Tag List