Thread: Ruger customer service

Site Supporter

Ruger customer service

I bought a used GP100 6 inch barrel, it seemed great in the shop dry firing. But I quickly noticed that with ammo it would bind up. Basically first 2 were fine in DA then the trigger pull got harder to the point were it was impossible to make a accurate DA shot. I found that if I pointed muzzle up and shook it (finger off the trigger) it would sometimes be better for a few rounds. I took it apart and could not find anything obviously wrong.

Called Ruger and for $30.00 shipping they had it for a week.
    Fixed end shake and adjusted cylinder gap. I'll hopefully get to the range tomorrow and see how it goes. But pleased with the quick turnaround.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I’ve had *great* luck with Ruger CS over the years. The bad news: I’ve had to send more than one wheelie back over the decades. The good news: each time the turnaround was fast, and the gun came back with the action smoothed considerably, in addition to the required fix. I wish I liked their service autos better, to be frank, I’d give them more business.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Ruger's Customer Service is superb. They're noted not only for fixing the immediate problem, but for going the extra mile, and doing the entire job expeditiously.

Best, Jon

I think I've bought five new Ruger pistols over the years, and I've promptly sent two of them to Ruger for work. They were both worked on and returned to me very quickly and fully functional. Most recently I sent back a new LCP that regularly double fed. They replaced the slide and barrel. Works great now! I had hoped they'd throw in a free magazine or something for my trouble. I actually burned through a fair bit of ammo trying to find out if it was me (poor grip or whatever), or the ammo, or the gun. Also spent some money on Wolff springs to see if that would help. Did not. Anyway, no free mags. But like I said, the gun does work now, perfectly, with all the ammo I've tried in it, and regardless of whether I've got a perfect grip on it.

The funny thing is that I'm less than 20 miles from their Mayodan plant, where my pistol was made. I called CS and the lady on the line said she'd email me a Fed Ex label. I asked if I could just swing by and drop it off. If I understood her correctly, that won't work because it would count as a transfer and would require a FFL intermediary. Something like that. So Fed Ex it was.

Hammertime
    Eight used or new Ruger pistols. Two returns, both new LCPs, and both fixed. No problems with five revolvers. One other LCP they sent out parts for a broken extractor that’s I fixed (my fault).

They have good service, but I think the guns are kind of meh.

Ruger offers very good customer service. I had a very early SR-762 that would run with the Gen 2 P-Mags (as supplied with the rifle). It would not run with Gen 3 P-Mags. Something in the early rifles was off-spec enough to cause the bolt to ride over the next round up without stripping it from the magazine.

They issued a call tag and I shipped it back on their dime. It came back with the feeding addressed, but whatever they did made it impossible to get the from iron sight post low enough to zero the rifle. I called them again, shipped it in again (on their dime), and they replaced the rifle.

It sometimes pays not to be an early adopter of a new model, but Ruger stood behind their product and made it right.

Rosco
    Last edited by Rosco Benson; 11-12-2019 at 09:36 AM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    Most recently I sent back a new LCP that regularly double fed. They replaced the slide and barrel. Works great now!
    Same thing for me. Nose-up feeding jams frequently. I finally realized that the barrel appeared to be canted in the slide when locked up. It came back from Ruger with a new slide and barrel. Didn't even mess with any of the smoothing I'd done on all the bits below the slide rails. I didn't shoot it after it came back, because I'd figured out it was injuring my hands due to being too small, but it looked right. The LGS where it sold on consignment hasn't mentioned any complaints from the new owner.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Worked much better today. Need too put the lighter springs back in now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Whirlwind06; 11-12-2019 at 06:33 PM.

+1 Ruger customer service

I've had great luck with Ruger's customer service. Many moons ago, as a kid, I fell while chasing after some chukars and broke the stock on my Ruger Red Label O/U. I sent the gun to Ruger to get the stock replaced (at my expense). They replaced it with a gorgeous piece of wood and did not charge me anything, not even shipping. Recently, I had a LC9s pro that was acting up and they replaced it with a new one.

Site Supporter
    I've only needed to send one Ruger back, a GP100 I bought new back around 1999. It was spitting lead, so I sent it in. They repaired it and returned it to me for free. No muss or fuss.

Chris

User Tag List