Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Single Output EDC/Defensive/Utility Lights? I Dont Get It.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    What's your point? Do you and I share eyes, brain, body type? Are all lighting conditions the same? The answer is no.

Just because YOU can, doesn't mean everyone should or can or will.

I'm still waiting on a compelling argument beyond training issues and poor light design.
    Now who is trolling?

I'm still waiting for a compelling argument for low light functionality for real world applications of lights.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Apparently the touchy butt-hurt topics these days are the virginia elections, everyone being a pussy, and flashlights.

What ever happened to 9mm vs 45?

FWIW, I like carrying multi-mode lights. I've been in a 9 day power outage with just a high power light, and it died in fairly short order because I had to use it for the more mundane tasks of life.

I've been through a pretty good amount of low-light/no-light training and haven't had a problem with my multi-mode lights, though I can see how some of them are problematic (in particular ones that require you to switch to get to high). I am happy with my Streamlight USB 2L-X and it's Max-Strobe-Low mode. I do not find the idea of carrying multiple lights in street clothes (and especially suits) to be pragmatic. If I was in high profile kit, my opinion might change...in fact, I know it does, because I have dedicated lights mounted to my high profile gear for specific purposes.

YMMV.

Flame on, since I'm a millennial LEO with a beard who moved to Virginia from NJ as a federal employee and use a multi-mode light......as well as every other reason according to the internet that I am the cause of all wrong in the world.
    Last edited by TGS; 11-12-2019 at 05:52 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Apparently the touchy butt-hurt topics these days are the virginia elections, everyone being a pussy, and flashlights.

What ever happened to 9mm vs 45?

FWIW, I like carrying multi-mode lights. I've been in a 9 day power outage with just a high power light, and it died in fairly short order because I had to use it for the more mundane tasks of life.

I've been through a pretty good amount of low-light/no-light training and haven't had a problem with my multi-mode lights, though I can see how some of them are problematic (in particular ones that require you to switch to get to high). I am happy with my Streamlight USB 2L-X and it's Max-Strobe-Low mode. I do not find the idea of carrying multiple lights in street clothes (and especially suits) to be pragmatic. If I was in high profile kit, my opinion might change.

YMMV.

Flame on, since I'm a millennial LEO with a beard who moved to Virginia from NJ as a federal employee and use a multi-mode light......as well as every other reason according to the internet that I am the cause of all wrong in the world.

VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

HAHAHAHA YES!
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Now who is trolling?

I'm still waiting for a compelling argument for low light functionality for real world applications of lights.
    I already presented several. You disregarded it and told me that your "non absolutist" stance trumped my "im all for options stance..."

You're contradicting yourself.

TGS...

Go on.....

Do you use beard oil? :P

Hey friend, let's agree to disagree. We do different things and with different restrictions, and we both are down the line of different sets of experiences; and that's ok.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I already presented several. You disregarded it and told me that your "non absolutist" stance trumped my "im all for options stance..."

You're contradicting yourself.
    Not at all, you are reading what you want to read, confirmation bias is a thing.

I genuinely hope you don't need a full power light in a pinch when you only have low power options available.
    VDMSR.com

Two way street...voodoo. You do you.

@runcible

10-4.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    My guess is I have around $175 into it.

From the Malkoff website;

MD3 body with switch - $63.99. If you email them you can get a link to the body without the tailcap (around $45.00 sans the switch).

M91T head - $106.99

Of course 15% or 20% off Malkoff coupons can be had by posting a review.

You'll have to watch ebay and/or use your Google Fu to track down the Surefire tailcap. Figure $20 to $40.

The Raven Concealment clip is $14.99.

If you use the SF tailcap you MUST use IMR 18500 flat top cells - protected cells are too long for use with the shorter SF tailcap. Three CR123A batteries still fit, though.
    Correction on the head used: The M91T head as listed above, not the M91B as in my original post. Sorry for the error.
    Last edited by NH Shooter; 11-12-2019 at 10:53 PM.

User Tag List