Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CA specific UOF discussion

I thought I was far enough removed now that it wouldn't bother me, but it certainly does.
    Gay Gezunt, AMC & PAherne, however you can manage to deal with this.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    And....he won. San Francisco just elected the unrepentant son of convicted communist revolutionary terrorist murderers as DA. A man who has essentially promised not to prosecute criminals, but to prosecute cops for using force. I have no words.
    Nor have I other than I knew it was going to happen. My wife is PO'ed at me because I refuse to attend any of the Christmas events in the city this year. I tell her I fear being arrested as a "Domestic Terrorist," but I simply do not want to help fund a city gov though the sales tax that seem to be beyond out of control.

I realize that the SFPD have a lot officers hired for their ability to swill the koolaid, but how the rest of you manage to put your uniforms on every day is inspiring in a "RMS Titanic Band" kind of way.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 11-17-2019 at 12:21 AM.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    So we had a follow up meeting of our working group tasked with developing training for our officers on the new use of force standards in California. Interestingly, during our outreach to other departments' training divisions, we found exactly ONE other agency that sees potentially significant impacts of the new law. Most seem to think they can just roll out in service training over the next two years. I think this is an overly optimistic view, myself.

Ca POST did re-release their training video on AB 392. The new version omits some scenario examples given by the involved DAs.....most notably on applying deadly force against fleeing felons. When we questioned POST about this, they again told us "You need to consult your DA.....and good luck." I think @Erick Gelhaus is likely correct. We're going to potentially have 58 different interpretations/standards for judging use of force in California.....until we get case law from the prosecution of some officers. That is sure to do wonders for recruiting.
    Last edited by AMC; 11-17-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    So we had a follow up meeting of our working group tasked with developing training for our officers on the new use of force standards in California. Interestingly, during our outreach to other departments' training divisions, we found exactly ONE other agency that sees potentially significant impacts of the new law. Most seem to think they can just roll out in service training over the next two years. I think this is an overly optimistic view, myself.

Ca POST did re-release their training video on AB 392. The new version omits some scenario examples given by the involved DAs.....most notably on applying deadly force against fleeing felons. When we questioned POST about this, they again told us "You need to consult your DA.....and good luck." I think @Erick Gelhaus is likely correct. We're going to potentially have 58 different interpretations/standards for judging use of force in California.....until we get case law from the prosecution of some officers. That is sure to do wonders for recruiting.
    I "think" the difference in seeing / not seeing potential issues will be the experiences, or lack of, that those individuals have had with the complete process. Before I retired I was surprised at the number of people in organizations and associations that were not seeing issues of concern. @AMC if I had to bet, your locale is going to give us insight into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    I "think" the difference in seeing / not seeing potential issues will be the experiences, or lack of, that those individuals have had with the complete process. Before I retired I was surprised at the number of people in organizations and associations that were not seeing issues of concern. @AMC if I had to bet, your locale is going to give us insight into this.
    That's the most polite, "You guys are screwed," I've ever seen. LOL

Bizzaro World, we live in it. Now that I am officially evil and bad guys are the new good guys, when do I get my henchmen, hoes, globally-sourced, inorganic, non-regulated recreational pharmaceuticals and other benefits of being a villain? I need to throw some wheels and hydraulics on the hybrid and get some studio time to drop my new album. It's gonna be lit livin baller. I grew up in an interesting neighborhood, people would now call it diverse, so I'm gonna go return to my roots and buy more 49er gear + throw out all my blue shirts and hats. I'm gonna have to talk to the Chief, I can't dress in blue on duty.

Or, maybe I could act like all the HA hang-arounds in the neighborhood. Get a POS Harley that always needs work, wear Ben Davis trousers and boots with a wife beater even when it's 50 degrees, because meth. I DID like my Derby jacket as a kid. It was my most prized possession. Maybe I'll pull the fridge out in the driveway and take it apart to see how it works and make a time machine?

Who am I kidding, I can't change now. Time to retire.

User Tag List