Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CA specific UOF discussion

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.

CA specific UOF discussion

**Side discussion moved from UOF Video thread - BehindBlueI's**

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    San Mateo, CA, Police post-pursuit OIS. There are apparently more videos, including the pursuit itself on that PD's facebook page. The description of the event is at the link.

It's going to be very interesting to see how the implementation of AB392 impacts these types of incidents going forward. POST just pulled their informational video put out for Use of Force trainers in California because there was incorrect or contradictory info.....coming from the very DA's who are gonna be responsible for charging decisions under the revised use of force standards. I am not optimistic about the potential outcomes, depending on jurisdiction.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 11-09-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    It's going to be very interesting to see how the implementation of AB392 impacts these types of incidents going forward. POST just pulled their informational video put out for Use of Force trainers in California because there was incorrect or contradictory info.....coming from the very DA's who are gonna be responsible for charging decisions under the revised use of force standards. I am not optimistic about the potential outcomes, depending on jurisdiction.
    Concur, strongly.

Just looked at the POST website, it looks like they may have pulled that video down. Any pointers to it?

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Concur, strongly.

Just looked at the POST website, it looks like they may have pulled that video down. Any pointers to it?
    They did pull it. It's going to be redone before they release it. Doubt it'll come out before January 1st, when the new standards go into effect. A couple of the DA's who appeared were clearly, in my opinion, uncomfortable with some of AB392s language. The use of the word "necessary" is going to extremely problematic, and will allow politically motivated DAs to inject hindsight judgement into Use of Force decision making, if they are so inclined. The language regarding deadly force against fleeing felons is iffy, as well. There's a lot if disagreement within my own agency as to exactly how to interpret it. Bottom line.....you're gonna get exactly what you asked for, California.

They did pull it. It's going to be redone before they release it. Doubt it'll come out before January 1st, when the new standards go into effect. A couple of the DA's who appeared were clearly, in my opinion, uncomfortable with some of AB392s language. The use of the word "necessary" is going to extremely problematic, and will allow politically motivated DAs to inject hindsight judgement into Use of Force decision making, if they are so inclined. The language regarding deadly force against fleeing felons is iffy, as well. There's a lot if disagreement within my own agency as to exactly how to interpret it. Bottom line.....you're gonna get exactly what you asked for, California.
    I have no doubt that Chesa Boudin will use the new language to flambe any officer who uses force if he is elected SF DA. My DA is good, for now, but the tide of stupidity flowing from the Dr. Shirley Weber inspired law will continue to frustrate law enforcement and community safety from here on out.

Well, I guess the silver lining is that you won't have to worry about enforcing the law or any more OISs since you guys will be unarmed within a few years, anyway.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

God help the cops in LA County if George Gascon is elected as the District Attorney there. I heard he was running there.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    God help the cops in LA County if George Gascon is elected as the District Attorney there. I heard he was running there.
    He's currently our DA, and yes he's likely considering a run in LA County. One of the candidates running for DA (election is tomorrow) here now makes George Gascon look like Roy Arpaio. Possibly the worst candidate ever for DA anywhere in the nation's history. And that isn't hyperbole.

And that isn't hyperbole.
    No, no it is not. I knew he had significant philosophical issues but I wasn't aware of the historical underpinnings and familial lineage until this evening.

Site Supporter
    No, no it is not. I knew he had significant philosophical issues but I wasn't aware of the historical underpinnings and familial lineage until this evening.
    That dude scares me and I’m on the other side of the Rocky Mountains and Mississippi River.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    I have no doubt that Chesa Boudin will use the new language to flambe any officer who uses force if he is elected SF DA. My DA is good, for now, but the tide of stupidity flowing from the Dr. Shirley Weber inspired law will continue to frustrate law enforcement and community safety from here on out.
    And....he won. San Francisco just elected the unrepentant son of convicted communist revolutionary terrorist murderers as DA. A man who has essentially promised not to prosecute criminals, but to prosecute cops for using force. I have no words.

User Tag List