Thread: 148g WC Ammo - Source?

Site Supporter

148g WC Ammo - Source?

I just spent more time on the internet than I wanted to, looking for 148g WC ammo. I bought a 642 just before having shoulder reconstruction surgery. PT is over and I can once again hold the gun at arms level, so...time to practice. Bought a couple boxes of Sellor & Belot WCs when I bought the gun but that stuff is crap, with inconstant rim thicknesses that bind up the little J-frame. Trouble is, every source I know of on the web is out of stock for Federal, Winchester, Remington, even CCI Blazer.

Anyone here know of a source that actually has WCs in stock and will sell them? Inquiring minds want to know.

Dave

Target Sports has Federal Gold Medal match at $19.99. I just bought some, arrived yesterday.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/fede...8a-p-1187.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I just spent more time on the internet than I wanted to, looking for 148g WC ammo. I bought a 642 just before having shoulder reconstruction surgery. PT is over and I can once again hold the gun at arms level, so...time to practice. Bought a couple boxes of Sellor & Belot WCs when I bought the gun but that stuff is crap, with inconstant rim thicknesses that bind up the little J-frame. Trouble is, every source I know of on the web is out of stock for Federal, Winchester, Remington, even CCI Blazer.

Anyone here know of a source that actually has WCs in stock and will sell them? Inquiring minds want to know.

Dave
    I have not shot this brand, but its in stock: https://www.sgammo.com/product/38-sp...r-fiocchi-38la

Also: https://www.targetsportsusa.com/fede...8a-p-1187.aspx They also have Remington in stock, for more money.

ETA: RJ beat me on the Target Sports FGMM
    Last edited by WDR; 11-09-2019 at 08:52 PM.

الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    My sincere thanks to everyone with links to new (to me) sources of ammo. Since the "go to" round for the J-frames seems to be the Federal Gold Medal Match, and Target-Sports had it for $10 less that the out of stock sites I had looked at, I bought 10 boxes. I had not done business with or even heard of Target-Sports before.

Thanks again for all the help,
    Dave

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    My sincere thanks to everyone with links to new (to me) sources of ammo. Since the "go to" round for the J-frames seems to be the Federal Gold Medal Match, and Target-Sports had it for $10 less that the out of stock sites I had looked at, I bought 10 boxes. I had not done business with or even heard of Target-Sports before.

Thanks again for all the help,
    Dave
    I shoot a lot of the precision delta wadcutters. They are a little cheaper and shoot really well in my j frames.

I buy most of my bulk 9mm from target sports. I've been pleased. I've never needed their customer service but they generally ship pretty quickly. I find their prices pretty good especially if you buy by the case and get free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Those are what leaded my J frame and GP100. Because I am a dumbass, I failed to test them in my K frames that have .357 throats.
    That is why every dedicated revolver shooter buys a Lewis Lead remover kit.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Just as a backup. It seems the really dedicated ones work out loads that don't lead in each gun.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Target Sports has Federal Gold Medal match at $19.99. I just bought some, arrived yesterday.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/fede...8a-p-1187.aspx
    Thanks for that. Just grabbed 5 boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer Federal Gold Medal Match or Buffalo Bore HCWC.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

User Tag List