Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Bloomberg poised to enter 2020 Presidential election as a Democrat

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Yesterday the Guardian published a fairly blistering oped from the far left about Bloomberg silencing the press:
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ing-press-2020

Today the left is basically calling Bloomberg a racist for saying Booker was "well spoken."
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...er-well-spoken
    It's a one-way street. Anything one says can be manipulated into virtual blackface.

If he told Hillary Clinton he liked her pantsuit, (hey, there's no accounting for taste), it'd probably pass by unnoticed.

If he said the same to Kamala Harris...not so much.

We have become a society of mealy mouthed, finger pointing, whining, spineless creatures whose sole joy in life appears to derive from finding unfounded or unintentional fault with others.

It's pretty damn sickening.

(And I can't stand Bloomberg.)
    Last edited by blues; 12-06-2019 at 05:46 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I'm finding a bit of joy in watching these clowns pick each other apart.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I expect Bloomberg to win both the nomination and the general election. I think the media will slew behind him hard, and I think he can pose convincingly as a populist because he doesn't have the stain of congress. I think public opinion is entirely driven by the media and the media is NYC-centric.
    "The media" was pretty much proven to not have nearly as much sway as thought when Trump barely won. With all the voices to pick from today, major media outlets have less and less power, proportionally, every day.

I can't see Bloomberg winning the nomination, let alone the presidency, in North Carolina.

Running vs. Trump he would be "the guy who wants to take your big gulp." And he would lose.

A media machine behind a paywall is next to useless for shifting mass opinion.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    "The media" was pretty much proven to not have nearly as much sway as thought when Trump barely won. With all the voices to pick from today, major media outlets have less and less power, proportionally, every day.
    Hmmmm. Media profits are roughly 1/3 greater now, than they were before the 2016 election. I have no doubt, zero, that almost every member of "the media" strongly, actively, disliked Trump; but those were the same people who got Trump elected. Anything he said, or did, was quickly translated into an op-ed, an expose', or an article packed full of derision. The net effect was that Trump was handed a kind of permament "bully pulpit" full of endless attention.
    Last edited by Bergeron; 12-07-2019 at 12:13 AM.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List