Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W Pre Model 29: Does This Look Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    It looks unfired to me, due to the lack of strike marks on both the recoil shield and the firing pin bushing. However, it does appear to have been handled repeatedly, opening and turning the cylinder, etc.
    That was my first thought as well.

Handled repeatedly might be an understatement based on that turn line.
    I drug out my 1950's S&W's (well worn) and they are silk like smooth where your pictures show 3rd world level machining on the recoil shield. They also display less turn line after thousands of rounds but pictures can lie as we all know.

Maybe I'm smoking crack, but that turn line on a "unfired revolver" is a little bit disturbing. I would investigate thoroughly before buying that story.

I'm no S&W guru so take it for what it's worth.

ETA: post a link to the video OP, we'd like to see it.
    Last edited by JTMcC; 11-08-2019 at 02:35 PM.

@JTMcC

I’m not questioning Justin’s integrity, nor his intelligence, just the crudely machined channel cut across the cylinder pin arc.
    https://youtu.be/-T5662WjIpk

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    @JTMcC

I’m not questioning Justin’s integrity, nor his intelligence, just the crudely machined channel cut across the cylinder pin arc.
    https://youtu.be/-T5662WjIpk
    Thanks for the link, I'd shoot the crap out of the gun with a Keith bullet and 22 grains of 2400. Or sell it and buy one I could shoot into looseness without harming anyone's conscience.

But like you, I just marvel at the rough machining.
    Last edited by JTMcC; 11-08-2019 at 03:20 PM.

This is an M24 (dash 3) that is new in the box. 1980s production, but it might give a little indication of what an NIB revolver's breech face should look like. Bearing in mind that there is a significant amount of time difference in the years of manufacture, but they are both N Frame .44s from S&W.

Pardon the lack of super sharp detail, they were taken with my phone, as my camera is MIA at the moment.

When I find my regular camera I will take some better pics of the revolver. I have not dug this gun out in quite a while.

User Tag List