Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orange 1911 Sights?

Last edited by Amp; 11-07-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    Trijicon HD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are they as sharp as their other sights?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    RMR is pretty high vis. Cut that slide and do the dot good sir.

I'm still running 45 because slow learner. I don't know if there's anything out there that will hold up over time yet. You mentioned this to me and after some thought I'm with you on it. I don't know how I feel about chopping up my slide to dedicate it to one specific optic.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Wilson Combat and Ed Brown offer one. WC's is fat like a HD. Brown's is .125 width.

Also Kensights has an AmeriGlo https://stores.kensight.com/kensight...oured-profile/
    The Kensight looks like a really good option.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I don't know how I feel about chopping up my slide to dedicate it to one specific optic.
    I was hesitant at first too, but I'm happy I did. The Wilson system will accommodate other optics, but at this point, RMR (and maybe the Holosun) is the way to go. Just don't purposefully and repeatedly drop it on concrete and use the optic as a charging handle

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    The Wilson sight isn't Novak dimensions but the Ed Brown sight is. @StraitR
    Correct. The Brown HD XR sight worked out well for my Novak cut DW Valkyrie. I like that the dot is big, basically spanning the entire width of the .125 front sight.

https://www.edbrown.com/product/hdxr-front-sight/

While we’re at it - the nighthawk firehawk is pretty appealing

And Day build dem shits rye or der from my house....

Name:  019D0908-3218-4FEF-9C10-FCF9CBB31B12.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  44.7 KB

I'd like to see Wilson Combat offer a .125 front sight option in orange and yellow in the future. Ed Brown, Kensight, and now Novak offer the .125 front. The .140 is too wide. I wonder if @WilsonCombatRep can put in a good word...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I have been looking for orange - high visibility 1911 front sights too. Ever since I started needing reading glasses. Wilson and Ed Brown have orange front sights on their websites. I have not tried either yet.

Attachment 44521[ATTACH=CONFIG]44520
    I just had the Ed Brown front (HD XR) and rear sights installed by Dan Wesson on my 9mm V-Bob while they installed a medium length smooth trigger for me. I got the yellow sight as I think it's more visible indoors. I was apprehensive when I put a micrometer to the rear sight. It was a little off center. I took it to the range last night and could consistently hit the center of the black at 25 yards.
    The sights are great and so was the work Dan Wesson did. Off topic, but they test fired the gun with at least 25 rounds of the 115, 124, and 147 bullet weights and I think they polished the feed ramp, though I can't swear to it. Sight installation plus trigger install plus test firing was $118 plus shipping. I'm extremely impressed by their work and the cost.

ETA: I picked the wrong picture to include. My sights are the Ed Brown, not the Wilson Combat.
    Last edited by Tom Duffy; 11-08-2019 at 08:23 AM.
    Real guns have hammers.

User Tag List