Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CZ P01 Snappy?

CZ P01 Snappy?

Does anyone else find the CZ P01 a bit snappy? I shot one next to a G17, G19, and Sig P226. I found the P01 the snappiest of the bunch. Everyone online seems to rave about the internal slide rails and low bore axis. My experience hasn't been what others are describing in terms recoil.

Shot one maybe a year and half ago. A bunch of guys at the range were doing a comparison of compact pistols so it was a P01, a P228, a 92 Compact, and a Glock 19.2. The P01 was definitely perky. Manageable but the other two pistols proved to be less jumpy.

I always found the P01 to be quite unpleasant to shoot compared to other duty-sized 9mms. Not a big fan of it, can be shot well like anything else but it takes a lot of effort for a handgun that is not all that compact nor particularly light.
    Also, I dont think CZs (at least not the metal framed ones) have a very low bore axis, it may look that way because part of the slide is concealed in the frame ? I think their bore axis is similar to that of other TDA guns.
    I've seen locally anedoctal evidence of the alu frames not holding up well to "higher" round counts (>10k ?) and cracking near the slide stop hole.

The P-01 has a NATO spec, and has passed some very strict testing, including high round counts. I have not heard of widespread frame issues.

Bore axis is lower than a PX4 or 92, and higher than a Glock.

I think there are a lot of other more important variables in whether a gun works well for any given person. One person’s “snappy” is another person’s “tracks well and returns quickly”.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I think there are a lot of other more important variables in whether a gun works well for any given person. One person’s “snappy” is another person’s “tracks well and returns quickly”.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely with this assessment. And I have never found the CZ Compacts/PCR's to be difficult to manage and definitely prefer them to the "compact" Glock pistols.

Site Supporter
    Never shot a p-01 but I didn’t find my RAMI to be excessively snappy. In fact, I loved the way it shot—had a few arbitrary FTFs and didn’t feel like troubleshooting it. I’ve held a P-01 and loved the feel. As well as the RAMI shot, I’d expect the P-01 to be just as good and then some. And hopefully more reliable. I’d kinda like to get one, at some point.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 11-07-2019 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Never shot a p-01 but I didn’t find my RAMI to be excessively snappy. In fact, I loved the way it shot—had a few arbitrary FTFs and didn’t feel like troubleshooting it. I’ve held a P-01 and loved the feel. As well as the RAMI shot, I’d expect the P-01 to as good and then some. And hopefully more reliable. I’d kinda like to get one, at some point.
    That's disappointing to hear that your Rami wasn't reliable. I find myself wanting one, although I really don't need one.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    That's disappointing to hear that your Rami wasn't reliable. I find myself wanting one, although I really don't need one.
    To be fair, it was reman. Could chalk it up to crappy ammo, I guess--but my P239 (and whatever other gun I had that day) handled it just fine. I had run boxes of the same stuff through other guns. The RAMI had two FTFs that day.

It actually had a FTF on the first mag I ever shot through it. Then it had no issues for several hundred rounds, until the two aforementioned. For some, choking on a few rounds of reman wouldn't be a deal breaker. But instead of trying to troubleshoot with different ammo, etc. I conceded that my P239 was probably just more reliable. And the Rami did feel pretty chunky in the pants.

But it was a great shooter. Which is what makes me wanna try the P-01.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 11-08-2019 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    To be fair, it was reman. Could chalk it up to crappy ammo, I guess--but my P239 (and whatever other gun I had that day) handled it just fine. I had run boxes of the same stuff through other guns. The RAMI had two FTFs that day.

It actually had a FTF on the first mag I ever shot through it. Then it had no issues for several hundred rounds, until the two aforementioned. For some, choking on a few rounds of reman wouldn't be a deal breaker. But instead of trying to troubleshoot with different ammo, etc. I conceded that my P239 was probably just more reliable. And the Rami did feel pretty chunky in the pants.

But it was a great shooter. Which is what makes me wanna try the P-01.
    I have over 800 rounds in my P01, have used WWB, Blazer Brass, and cheap Federal Ammon. Also put a couple of mags of Federal HST JHP through the P01. To date, I have zero failures. The P01 has been utterly reliable, my only issue is I think its snappy for a 9mm. I don't usually find it necessary to death grip a 9mm handgun, but with the P01 I do. YMMV.
    Last edited by HammerStriker; 11-08-2019 at 09:47 AM.

I have a P01 Omega and it is a pleasure to fire. Snappy is not a word I would use to describe it at all. I took my P01 and P07 tot he range with me last time. The P01 has a softer feeling recoil than the P07 if that makes sense. However, I would not say either are snappy at all. Much more of a pleasure to shoot to me than a Glock 19, or any Glock for that matter. I had a Rami BD 9mm a couple years ago and wish I would have never sold it. It was 100% reliable with about 1000 rounds through it when I let it go. I will get another one for sure.
    Last edited by claymore504; 11-08-2019 at 09:52 AM.

User Tag List