Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CZ P01 Snappy?

Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Not only low bore axis but it seems like CZs have relatively light slides due to the frame-slide configuration. A lot of metal that would normally be on the slide is on the frame. I have very limited experience shooting CZs but from recollection they seemed to cycle faster than say, a P- SIG where you can feel the slide clunk back and forth. I always found the OG sigs to be soft shooters even with their highish bore axis. With a CZ maybe a light slide, if that theory is correct, results in fast cycling which is perceived as “snappy”. I’m at the point now where I want the slide to cycle quickly and the sights to settle without the muzzle dipping so maybe that’s a good thing. Or maybe some other parameter is causing the perception of fast cycling and the slide is really in the ballpark of similar pistols. I don’t have a CZ slide that I can weight at the moment.
    Interesting perspective. I have only shot stationary with my P01, so haven't had the need for the slide to cycle quickly.

CZ P01 Snappy?

Glock 19 slide: 361g
    CZ P-07 slide: 337g

The P-07 slide is 24g lighter. From a quick Enos forum search it looks like 1oz (28g) is a reasonable amount for a slide-lightening job.
    https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/1...de-lightening/

Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Not only low bore axis but it seems like CZs have relatively light slides due to the frame-slide configuration. A lot of metal that would normally be on the slide is on the frame. I have very limited experience shooting CZs but from recollection they seemed to cycle faster than say, a P- SIG where you can feel the slide clunk back and forth. I always found the OG sigs to be soft shooters even with their highish bore axis. With a CZ maybe a light slide, if that theory is correct, results in fast cycling which is perceived as “snappy”. I’m at the point now where I want the slide to cycle quickly and the sights to settle without the muzzle dipping so maybe that’s a good thing. Or maybe some other parameter is causing the perception of fast cycling and the slide is really in the ballpark of similar pistols. I don’t have a CZ slide that I can weight at the moment.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 11-08-2019 at 11:14 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Glock 19 slide: 361g
    CZ P-07 slide: 337g

The P-07 slide is 24g lighter. From a quick Enos forum search it looks like 1oz (28g) is a reasonable amount for a slide-lightening job.
    https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/1...de-lightening/

That's one sexy P07 slide.

User Tag List