Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19M to be sold via Lipseys

Do these have the nDLC coated internals or is this batch like the last that we’re they basically just had a M on them?

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Do these have the nDLC coated internals or is this batch like the last that we’re they basically just had a M on them?
    I can confirm that mine did not have the nDLC internals. It had the 19M on the slide, FBI standard extended mag release and extended slide stop (same as what is found on G34). The barrel also did not have the "M" but rather the same "5" the gen 5's have.

Also includes half moon cut on the front backstrap, no front serrations of course, and no breech face cut.

edit: It also includes the Agent Ameriglo sights with U shaped rear, orange pro-glo front sight. It cost essentially the same as a normal gen 5 with Glock BOLD Ameriglos installed from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tlong17I View Post
    I can confirm that mine did not have the nDLC internals. It had the 19M on the slide, FBI standard extended mag release and extended slide stop (same as what is found on G34). The barrel also did not have the "M" but rather the same "5" the gen 5's have.

Also includes half moon cut on the front backstrap, no front serrations of course, and no breech face cut.

edit: It also includes the Agent Ameriglo sights with U shaped rear, orange pro-glo front sight. It cost essentially the same as a normal gen 5 with Glock BOLD Ameriglos installed from the factory.
    I believe only the guns that go straight to the FBI have the nDLC parts.

My gov’t issued 19M came with regular Glock night sights, the standard slide stop, and Gen5 mag release.

Since the real difference is the nDLC parts what would it cost to have a thousand sets of this parts coated (on a per set basis)?

Sorry don't know much about nDLC or similar coatings.

My blue label 19M from GT came with nDLC internals, standard Glock night sights and no "M" atop the barrel.Name:  4604208F-FB69-46AF-BF99-A8C4A31962FF_1_201_a.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  67.1 KBName:  861BD9CB-ACF8-40B3-92B1-F10073137259_1_201_a.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  33.3 KB

What is the real difference between these pistols and my Gen 5 Glock 19? I see the internals and thats about it. Mine has the cutout on the frontstrap. From what it seems besides the extended controls there are no real differences on my pistol versus the 19M?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinchcop View Post
    My blue label 19M from GT came with nDLC internals, standard Glock night sights and no "M" atop the barrel.

Nice! I'm glad you got one with the internals. I'm jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk1981 View Post
    What is the real difference between these pistols and my Gen 5 Glock 19? I see the internals and thats about it. Mine has the cutout on the frontstrap. From what it seems besides the extended controls there are no real differences on my pistol versus the 19M?
    The nDLC internals and the front strap cutout would be the benefits to getting one of these compared to a regular G19-5. However, these guns won't have the breechface cut or front cocking serrations that current G19-5 pistols have. My ideal G19 would have the slide of the current commercially available Gen 5 guns (breechface cut, FCS) with the frame of the early Gen 5 guns (front strap cutout and dust cover with the contour that matches the slide) and the nDLC coated internals.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Given some of the flaking of the plating issues on the Gen5 triggerbar/connector that we've discussed previously, you'd think that Glock would be well advised simply go go full house across-the-board on the nDLC internal parts. If they expect to continue yammering about "Glock Perfection" that is; otherwise they might want to modify their mantra to "Glock Selective Perfection..."

Even with a slight price increase, I think that this would be a very worthwhile move, and would effectively address the one primary weakness of the Gen5s that's cropped up.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Given some of the flaking of the plating issues on the Gen5 triggerbar/connector that we've discussed previously, you'd think that Glock would be well advised simply go go full house across-the-board on the nDLC internal parts. If they expect to continue yammering about "Glock Perfection" that is; otherwise they might want to modify their mantra to "Glock Selective Perfection..."

Even with a slight price increase, I think that this would be a very worthwhile move, and would effectively address the one primary weakness of the Gen5s that's cropped up.

Best, Jon
    It is interesting, because while I recall discussion of this in years past, I haven’t heard much about the plating issue lately?

To evaluate the advisability of coating the trigger parts as standard procedure, we would need to know the failure rate of non coated parts, the cost of coating the parts, the reject rate on applying the coating, and then the failure rate on the coated parts. I thought I heard that the main customer that originally had the parts coated, discontinued it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List