Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19M to be sold via Lipseys

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Same as the 17M, "3970" stamped and darker then the commercial Gen 5 I compared it to. I guess I can't swear under oath it's the DLC or whatever, but it was darker then what I assumed to be nickel on the commercial one.
    Does yours have the “M” stamp on the barrel? Mine does not.

Here is a link to a reported real FBI 19M:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/ph...-like.1792310/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    Here is a link to a reported real FBI 19M:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/ph...-like.1792310/
    Since this is now going to be a thing, there are two types of “real” FBI Glocks.

Govt owned and issued guns and POW (personally owned weapon) program guns. The 19M is basic issue but there are Govt owned Gen 3/4 17s and 19s out there as well. Agents must maintain one Govt issued gun and qualify with it once a year whether they actually carry it vs their POW.

The POW M guns (17/19)are ordered directly from Glock. Glock sends them to the Firearms Training Unit Armorers for inspection and then they are sent to the Agent’s office. The process for the Colt POW Carbines is similar.

Other approved Glock models, the 26.5, 43, and 43x can either be ordered as above or purchased commercially and submitted to FTU for inspection and sight installation. They must be all black.

For logistical purposes, the Bureau color codes Govt issue guns, black Glocks / Carbines for standard issue and OD green for regional SWAT etc. If you think about the logistics of an agency with 13,000 LEO, many of who have multiple weapons issued or approved it makes sense.

The internet alleges that HRT guns are color coded tan. It’s unlikely that will be confirmed because / the first rule of fight club.

DOS/DSS and BATFE are also issuing 19Ms. DEA and the USMS are issuing 17Ms with optiotonal 19Ms.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-09-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Since this is now going to be a thing, there are two types of “real” FBI Glocks.

Govt owned and issued guns and POW (personally owned weapon) program guns. The 19M is basic issue but there are Govt owned Gen 3/4 17s and 19s out there as well. Agents must maintain one Govt issued gun and qualify with it once a year whether they actually carry it vs their POW.

The POW M guns (17/19)are ordered directly from Glock. Glock sends them to the Firearms Training Unit Armorers for inspection and then they are sent to the Agent’s office. The process for the Colt POW Carbines is similar.

Other approved Glock models, the 26.5, 43, and 43x can either be ordered as above or purchased commercially and submitted to FTU for inspection and sight installation. They must be all black.

For logistical purposes, the Bureau color codes Govt issue guns, black Glocks / Carbines for standard issue and OD green for regional SWAT etc. If you think about the logistics of an agency with 13,000 LEO, many of who have multiple weapons issued or approved it makes sense.

The internet alleges that HRT guns are color coded tan. It’s unlikely that will be confirmed because / the first rule of fight club.

DOS/DSS and BATFE are also issuing 19Ms. DEA and the USMS are issuing 17Ms with optiotonal 19Ms.
    Do you know if the Bureau is even using 17M’s? I’ve never seen an agent with one, and the agents I know with large hands that wanted one instead of the 19M were told they weren’t an option.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Does yours have the “M” stamp on the barrel? Mine does not.
    Yes, "5M"

Name:  20191109_141441.jpg
Views: 949
Size:  18.5 KB
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 11-09-2019 at 02:15 PM.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Do you know if the Bureau is even using 17M’s? I’ve never seen an agent with one, and the agents I know with large hands that wanted one instead of the 19M were told they weren’t an option.
    I don’t know of them being issued, but they are definitely a POW option. I know a 6’ 7” Agent who carries a POW 17M and some FI’s who bought them.

For several years, when the G22 was standard, some Agents who struggled with the .40 were issued Gen 3/4 G17s and I know at least one issued a 19.4 after struggling with the G22. These people will likely be the last to get 19Ms.

He is making good money. Take the 19M, qualify with it once a year then stop being cheap and buy / carry a POW 17M.

Clearly, M stands for “minutia.”

Looks like Lipsey’s customers get the privilege of buying a G19.5, only with the pinky-busting frontstrap cutout. Perfect for gadget-less sock drawer use.

(Yeah, I’m ripping on the Lipsey’s buy, but only because if someone is buying ‘the same thing’ as ‘the big boys’ then it should really be the same thing. Otherwise, may as well buy cheaper and just as good. I’m not really all that broken up over it, but I’ll probably still make fun of anyone who buys one, because I can be a dick that way...)
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post

Looks like Lipsey’s customers get the privilege of buying a G19.5, only with the pinky-busting frontstrap cutout. Perfect for gadget-less sock drawer use.

(Yeah, I’m ripping on the Lipsey’s buy, but only because if someone is buying ‘the same thing’ as ‘the big boys’ then it should really be the same thing. Otherwise, may as well buy cheaper and just as good. I’m not really all that broken up over it, but I’ll probably still make fun of anyone who buys one, because I can be a dick that way...)
    Pinky busting? Lol! I wish Glock would ignore the Internet ninjas and leave the cutout on the guns for armed professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Pinky busting? Lol! I wish Glock would ignore the Internet ninjas and leave the cutout on the guns for armed professionals.
    Now’s your chance to grab an extra.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post

I wouldn't exactly mind having a 19M because reasons, but man I can't see paying that premium over a blue label Gen 5. I keep "somedaying" a MOS Glock and start playing with optics.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List