Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19M to be sold via Lipseys

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    If these Lipsey Ms don’t have the appropriately coated fire controls, then WGAF?

My point. To me it just looks like a way for Glock to dump old/surplus parts on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    What I don’t get is why Glock appears to be restricting the NDLC coated components...

With Glock's volume, they're probably the cheapest handgun to manufacture per unit. They don't get that way by using the best stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    With Glock's volume, they're probably the cheapest handgun to manufacture per unit. They don't get that way by using the best stuff.
    And most shooters won’t care about (or even know about) the coating so why bother? They are still going to sell every Glock they make.

Exactly my opinion of Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    If these Lipsey Ms don’t have the appropriately coated fire controls, then WGAF?
    Stop making sense.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    The internals on (somewhat dirty) agency-issued 19M:

Same as the 17M, "3970" stamped and darker then the commercial Gen 5 I compared it to. I guess I can't swear under oath it's the DLC or whatever, but it was darker then what I assumed to be nickel on the commercial one.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Can anyone provide a list of which parts, specifically, are nDLC coated in the contract M-guns?
    I asked at my latest armorers course and was side-stepped and told that since these are very department specific they are not discussed in the general armorers class. I was also told that the parts are unobtanium outside of the proper supply channels and, due to the contract, these parts would not be made available to the public nor any group that was not "on the list".

Basically there are real-M and in-name-only-M variants now.

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    It seems the Lipsey's G17M and G19M models will be configured as the originally released G17Gen5 and G19Gen5 pistols were or what the FBI received (but without specially coated internals), but no longer made that way except for Lipsey's Glocks with specially colored frames:

-front strap cut-out for easier grabbing of a stuck mag
    -no front serrations on slide

Additional Options Included:
    -Ameriglo night sights
    -extended mag catch
    -extended slide stop

The amount of variations has approached what the semi-custom 1911 makers offer. There's no ability to specify an individual Glock with specific options directly from Glock, however. I suspect there will always be some combination of options someone on the various forums will later whine about, just wait I wonder what Glock's minimum quantity is for these specially-made-to-order-Glocks (just wondering; I don't expect anyone to actually know).
    I have been told (subject to being incorrect) that the order is 1000 depending on configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    I asked at my latest armorers course and was side-stepped and told that since these are very department specific they are not discussed in the general armorers class. I was also told that the parts are unobtanium outside of the proper supply channels and, due to the contract, these parts would not be made available to the public nor any group that was not "on the list".
    This is what I was told as well.

Glock 19M to be sold via Lipseys

Keep in mind this is not my pistol. The difference between a FBI contract M pistol versus Lipsey’s run is the barrel and internals. DLC Coated internals are jet black and easily differentiated from commercial gen 5 internals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by EJO; 11-09-2019 at 12:08 PM.

User Tag List