Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: LE uniforms dressing down ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    As a nonsworn person I feel tradition should be upheld. Might be a problem sitting in the vehicle though.

Seriously though, I would not be a fan of black uniforms in the South or SouthWest purely for temperature reasons, and inversely would support DI or Texas sheriff type hats for the summer sun.
    Well police tradition generally follows military uniforms. So BDUs should be okay. Wait why did the military change their uniforms from colonial times? Where’s the powdered wigs and drummer boy at? Why no drummers in Afghanistan? You know in case the radios go out? I know straw man but I’m having fun.

Site Supporter
    I worked at a department that issued cowboy hats. They are terrible for patrol work in my opinion.

Distracting and can get in the way.

Not to mention being a short guy with the biggest noggin in the agency, it could make handcuffing more difficult for me. My hat was ridiculously big but it’s the only one that would fit me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I worked at a department that issued cowboy hats. They are terrible for patrol work in my opinion.

Distracting and can get in the way.

Not to mention being a short guy with the biggest noggin in the agency, it could make handcuffing more difficult for me. My hat was ridiculously big but it’s the only one that would fit me.
    I wore a campaign hat for twenty five years. Unless there's an immediate need due to weather, etc., hats need to go.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I wore a campaign hat for twenty five years. Unless there's an immediate need due to weather, etc., hats need to go.
    What quarter of the country I ask as the Texas sun can really beat you down here. Being without a hat here = spontaneous combustion.

I enjoy the ring around my forehead. We still have them and the PR24 too. 100% virgin polycarbonate, 24”s long, and you can do the Georgia State Patrol take down which consists of I dunno getting punched in the face? Is that strong side or weak side? Can I just have a baseball bat issued instead?

Site Supporter
    What quarter of the country I ask as the Texas sun can really beat you down here. Being without a hat here = spontaneous combustion.
    I would rather have the sun beating down on me vs the issues that hat causes. I've dealt with both, and I'll take the sun any day.

Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk View Post
    I enjoy the ring around my forehead. We still have them and the PR24 too. 100% virgin polycarbonate, 24”s long, and you can do the Georgia State Patrol take down which consists of I dunno getting punched in the face? Is that strong side or weak side? Can I just have a baseball bat issued instead?
    My first baton wasn't far removed from a bat and was quite the attention getter. Only one I was ever issued that was worth a damn.

Site Supporter
    My first baton wasn't far removed from a bat and was quite the attention getter. Only one I was ever issued that was worth a damn.
    It wasn't like Baker's from CHiPs was it?

Name:  Jon-Baker-chips-20544563-470-691.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  16.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    It wasn't like Baker's from CHiPs was it?

Name:  Jon-Baker-chips-20544563-470-691.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  16.1 KB
    Bigger

User Tag List