Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: LE uniforms dressing down ?

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Same.

I've used my baton a lot and developed something of a reputation with it among my beat partners, but I always preferred my mag-light for most applications. The expandable was best used as a lever vs as a club. Or to rake out broken glass after using a window punch.

I'm one of the few that still carries a baton at all. Mostly because reasons.
    I’m one of the few left that carries a full size rechargeable LED Maglite for reasons too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I’m one of the few left that carries a full size rechargeable LED Maglite for reasons too.

Still carry that, too. Well, mine is still incandescent, but you know, otherwise samey-same.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 11-14-2019 at 07:50 PM.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    I have a three footer in my riot gear, but can't carry it outside of specific situations. I broke every ASP I ever had but my last one. That one got tossed in a drawer the day I was issued it and hasn't been out since. I have a small collection of batons from the years, I was a DT and baton instructor, including a Bianchi Magic Wand and a 26 inch Manadanock Posi Lock. Those things hit like a thunderbolt from Zeus. Duty carry for the last 15 or so years has been a Manadanock AutoLock with Power Safety Tip and a Hindi cap. The sound when that thing opens is very comforting, it locks solidly and is weight forward.

I do miss my PR 24.

pat
    I enjoyed the PR24 also. By chance have you had a chance to try the Peacekeeper collapsible? Talk about something to make a good impression on someone!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    I enjoyed the PR24 also. By chance have you had a chance to try the Peacekeeper collapsible? Talk about something to make a good impression on someone!
    No. The AutoLock is a beast to carry, and I already own it. All of the ASPs I have had broke on one of the taper locks. The AutoLock uses loaded ball bearings,IIRC three per shaft, so nine total to lock it in the open positition. I have used and abused it for a decade and a half, and still have enough confidence in it that I have no problem opening negotiations with a pool cue jab.

Baton realted roll call story as soon as I get around to typing it.

pat

I do miss my PR 24.

pat
    Me too. I never hit anyone with it, but I did use it for a pretty good armlock once. I've tried that with the ASP and couldn't get it to work.

No. The AutoLock is a beast to carry, and I already own it. All of the ASPs I have had broke on one of the taper locks. The AutoLock uses loaded ball bearings,IIRC three per shaft, so nine total to lock it in the open positition. I have used and abused it for a decade and a half, and still have enough confidence in it that I have no problem opening negotiations with a pool cue jab.

Baton realted roll call story as soon as I get around to typing it.

pat
    Excellent. Will look forward to it! The pool cue jab was always a favorite. Whether with a Koga stick, PR or a SL-20. I wear a 38 inch sleeve so I get plenty oomph behind it "OOMPH being the sound you hear when you make the jab" LOLz
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post

I need to replace my SL20 (aluminum body, high output incandescent, low output LEDs) since it went TU a while back. The poly bodied lights suck. LED/rechargeable Maglight is in the running, but I keep finding other shiny things to take my uniform allowance, since I have so many other lights to use. Next year's uniform allowance is going to a suppressor for my patrol rifle.

pat

I've got a stack of broken Autolocks in a locker. They break. We replace them with Peacekeepers.

Getting back to the actual uniforms, I don't think the regional nature can be over-stated. For eastern city/suburban types, the dark blue wool/poly uniform with bus-driver style hat is the traditional. Out west things are different- I went to a training with a Wyoming game warden and their tradition was much more practical for what they do, plus it seems culturally acceptable for the region:
    Name:  fallen3.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  18.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DpdG; 11-15-2019 at 07:02 AM.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    True except... The expandable from Peacekeeper are a different ball game. They are heavier but the extra weight is concentrated in the tip. When you do drills, there is a dramatic difference between a strike from an ASP or Monadnock and a Peacekeeper. Like the difference between .38 Special wadcutters and full-house .357 magnum.

https://peacekeeperproducts.com/collections/batons
    I'll have to check them out. We have ASPs and they suck.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List