Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: LE uniforms dressing down ?

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    No. The AutoLock is a beast to carry, and I already own it. All of the ASPs I have had broke on one of the taper locks. The AutoLock uses loaded ball bearings,IIRC three per shaft, so nine total to lock it in the open positition. I have used and abused it for a decade and a half, and still have enough confidence in it that I have no problem opening negotiations with a pool cue jab.

Baton realted roll call story as soon as I get around to typing it.

pat
    Excellent. Will look forward to it! The pool cue jab was always a favorite. Whether with a Koga stick, PR or a SL-20. I wear a 38 inch sleeve so I get plenty oomph behind it "OOMPH being the sound you hear when you make the jab" LOLz
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I’m one of the few left that carries a full size rechargeable LED Maglite for reasons too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I need to replace my SL20 (aluminum body, high output incandescent, low output LEDs) since it went TU a while back. The poly bodied lights suck. LED/rechargeable Maglight is in the running, but I keep finding other shiny things to take my uniform allowance, since I have so many other lights to use. Next year's uniform allowance is going to a suppressor for my patrol rifle.

pat

I've got a stack of broken Autolocks in a locker. They break. We replace them with Peacekeepers.

Getting back to the actual uniforms, I don't think the regional nature can be over-stated. For eastern city/suburban types, the dark blue wool/poly uniform with bus-driver style hat is the traditional. Out west things are different- I went to a training with a Wyoming game warden and their tradition was much more practical for what they do, plus it seems culturally acceptable for the region:
    Name:  fallen3.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  18.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DpdG; 11-15-2019 at 07:02 AM.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    True except... The expandable from Peacekeeper are a different ball game. They are heavier but the extra weight is concentrated in the tip. When you do drills, there is a dramatic difference between a strike from an ASP or Monadnock and a Peacekeeper. Like the difference between .38 Special wadcutters and full-house .357 magnum.

https://peacekeeperproducts.com/collections/batons
    I'll have to check them out. We have ASPs and they suck.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    I've got a stack of broken Autolocks in a locker. They break. We replace them with Peacekeepers.
    Reading their website, if I have to replace my AutoLock the Peacekeeper is the replacement. Their opening instruction also fits my roll call story....

pat

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Is their holster for the baton any good?

We haven't broken any yet and my guys can break things.....
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

The Peacekeeper RCB baton truly is the Almightys Rod of Correction. They are essentially a collapsible steel pipe...with all that implies. Very heavy to carry....but when you absolutely positively have to break something right now....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    The Peacekeeper RCB baton truly is the Almightys Rod of Correction. They are essentially a collapsible steel pipe...with all that implies. Very heavy to carry....but when you absolutely positively have to break something right now....
    According to their site, the RCB weighs about 1 oz per inch. Does this sound accurate to you?

The Peacekeepers aren't that much heavier. They simply shift the weight forward. If you're carrying a worthless (aka airweight) baton then the difference is going to be more significant.

Per my kitchen scale:
    26" Monadnock Auto Lock with "mushroom" cap - 26.7 oz
    26" Peacekeep with "combo" cap - 27.8 oz

That is almost no weight difference for a huge bump in performance.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List