Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The best state?

The best state?

My wife and I are looking to move next year. Probably when our lease is up in June. I'm a nurse and looking through indeed I feel I can get a job in psych in pretty much any state.

For those who live in rural areas and don't want a damn yank spoiling their state I don't blame them.
    Name:  b67b7b.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  73.1 KB
    I love hounds, squirrel stew, and being left the fuck alone.

My wife is really interested in NH because her sister lives up there.

We're interested in the south but VA, ky, and a few others aren't looking to good either right now.

She visited CO once and loved it. I'm sure if we visited WY I could get her on board.

We're very active (met on fitness singles.com) so we would prefer warmer states but obviously NH or any Western mountain State has a long winter.

We have a 1 year old and we'd like good schools too.

I'd like 10-20 acres to have a garden, animals, and a range.

So where should we focus our search?

NH is good, for now. No telling how long it’ll last.

If you want to have an in-depth convo about NH/VT, id be happy to answer questions, preferably by phone.

Idaho, even though I love visiting New Hampshire. I prefer North Idaho.. at least north of Lewiston... New Hampshire is slowly falling to the liberals. Idaho has a long way to go.

I loved the two years I lived in Idaho. To be fair it's the only other state I've lived in besides Alaska, but I've visited 45 of the states. Oddly R.I. is one of the five I've missed.
    Last edited by AKDoug; 11-06-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Idaho, even though I love visiting New Hampshire. I prefer North Idaho.. at least north of Lewiston...

I loved the two years I lived in Idaho. To be fair it's the only other state I've lived in besides Alaska, but I've visited 45 of the states. Oddly R.I. is one of the five I've missed.
    You missed nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    You missed nothing...
    I could say the same about 30 of the other states I've been to..

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    We're interested in the south but VA, ky, and a few others aren't looking to good either right now.
    Out of curiosity, what's the issue with KY?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

You missed nothing...
    I'll be honest, the state has good hunting, great shellfishing, good fishing, and mild weather.

The people though...

I lived on a 16 acre farm here for 5 or so years where I shot coyotes out my bedroom window at night, etc. Miss that place

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Out of curiosity, what's the issue with KY?
    Similar talk as with VA that I've been reading online today. Beyond that nothing. KY and TN are high on our list.

NH is good, for now. No telling how long it’ll last.

If you want to have an in-depth convo about NH/VT, id be happy to answer questions, preferably by phone.
    I drive by the Brattleboro retreat on my way to family land so it's tempting. I'm headed up there in a few days for some bear hunting

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I'll be honest, the state has good hunting, great shellfishing, good fishing, and mild weather.

The people though...

I lived on a 16 acre farm here for 5 or so years where I shot coyotes out my bedroom window at night, etc. Miss that place
    My experience is limited to going in and out of Warwick for work. Ugh.

As with most places, there are amazing places within states that are pretty awful otherwise. I just can’t stand cities, and you can’t really get away from Providence quickly enough for my tastes.

User Tag List