Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Virginia Elections

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    So....is VA gonna be where the Boog jumps off?
    South Carolina may resent such usurpation.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

So....is VA gonna be where the Boog jumps off?
    Yeah...no. If we can't motivate folks to get off their asses to vote do you seriously think they'd miss their evening meals and sitcoms to participate in an armed insurrection? Let's keep the discussion focused on real solutions, not romanticized notions.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Yeah...no. If we can't motivate folks to get off their asses to vote do you seriously think they'd miss their evening meals and sitcoms to participate in an armed insurrection? Let's keep the discussion focused on real solutions, not romanticized notions.
    Ok boomer.

Ok boomer.
    Cute.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Part of the success we had was that Otis McDonald was an African American man. It undercut the message that gun rights was a white man thing.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    I'm certainly not giving up, nor will I cut and run, but it's over at this point. We are simply outnumbered. This is ABSOLUTELY a demographic shift, and an engineered one at that.

When Obama talked about "fundamentally transforming the United States of America" WTH do you think he meant? Is the United States of America a pile of dirt with some trees, rocks, and water on it? No. The United States of America is US, the people of America. And that is what is going on – the "old, boring" Americans are to be replaced with the "new, future" Americans. And that's essentially what's happened. Since 1965, we've seen a coordinated effort here (and in Europe as well) to replace the native demographic with a newer one. How would you possibly reverse that? Not happening…
    Otis McDonald was a native born US citizen and a product of American culture.

When you import massive numbers of people from another culture and then let them vote it’s going to have an effect. You can debate whether or not it was engineered or intentional but the effect is real and it is undeniable.

U.VA. STUDY: ONE IN NINE VIRGINIANS IS FOREIGN-BORN

https://news.virginia.edu/content/uv...s-foreign-born
    Last edited by HCM; 11-10-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Ok boomer.
    Nice ad hominem. This is why you don’t get taken seriously.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Nice ad hominem. This is why you don’t get taken seriously.
    I would be worried if anyone did. The Boog comment was meant tongue in cheek. The irony here is the inability to recognize humor and sarcasm and taking things unnecessarily serious is one of the reasons "Ok boomer" originated. Have a good Sunday.

As a Georgian I don’t follow VA politics too closely. It seems to me the republicans were beat before the first vote was cast. A lot of the reasons have been mentioned, but I think probably the biggest reason was the redrawing of voting districts. Some districts had 20-30 point swings from republican to democrat voters based on the new lines (I think, I could be wrong).

Non professional political pro tip: Don’t let a California professor draw your voting districts if you’re a republican in VA or any other state. Whatever it takes. You’re likely not to be pleased with the results.
    Last edited by DG12; 11-10-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Second Amendment sanctuaries are a good first step at stopping the bleeding.
    Incorrect. Second Amendment sanctuaries are no more a good idea than immigration sanctuaries are.

Also, interesting article:
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...ginia-go-blue/

I would be worried if anyone did. The Boog comment was meant tongue in cheek. The irony here is the inability to recognize humor and sarcasm and taking things unnecessarily serious is one of the reasons "Ok boomer" originated. Have a good Sunday.
    Oh! That was an attempt at humor followed up by an insult? How could I have possibly missed that I was being overly serious?
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List