Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Smith & Wesson shield to get?

I'm perfectly content with my 1.0 without a slide safety. It has trigger work, a Talon grip applied, a Dawson tritium FS, and a blacked out factory rear. No complaints.

I bought another for my wife several years after I bought mine. Her trigger out of the box was vastly improved over what mine was. Nothing needed for hers. Seriously it was a night/day difference. Mine was a skosh over 7lbs out of the box. It now runs 4lb 2oz and hers is just enough heavier to be able to tell so maybe 4.5 to 4.7lbs?

The previous comment about there being less difference between the 1.0 and 2.0 Shields vs. the M&P FS is spot on IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    Palmetto State Armory has the first gen Shield 9 with safety for $250. So $200 after rebate. The non safety version is $10 more.

I have had a first gen for several years that is in my carry rotation and I have been very happy with it. If I found a 2.0 for $250 after rebate I would probably get it over the 1.0 just to upgrade a bit.
    Yes, but tax and shipping bumps it to $230 after rebate.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Have a 1.0. Put an Apex D/C trigger in it. Much nicer, but almost too light for a carry gun (for me anyway, and I'm a big fan of Apex triggers). Had the C/T laser on it. Worked fine, but I ultimately decided I could shoot better with a red dot. Now, Shield doesn't get used much, mostly collecting dust, although it's just a personal preference thing. Happier with a P365 with manual safety and red dot.
    P365 looks good but its $500.

Lightbulb 1.0 - I waited too long and paid more than the lowest but not bad...

So this is what happened.
    Last week I had Shield in my cart but then I noticed 2.0 for $40 more.
    So I put the 2.0 in the cart and went to read 1.0 vs 2.0.
    Yes, I should have bought the 2.0 right away.
    Next day, I decided and went to the cart but it became OOS.
    You snooze you lose.
    Then I looked for original shield and that was OOS as well.
    I mean in the store with free s/h and no tax as that adds $30.
    Since the rebate deadline is coming near, I bought original shield today from different store.
    Ended up paying $20 more from all this back and forth.
    Not the best deal but it's like getting $30 in rebate from the lowest price.
    Should be here next week.
    If I don't like it, I won't lose too much reselling it.
    Last edited by Mystery; 12-06-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Question Is this rebate limited to one per customer?

Just wondering if I find another 1.0 or 2.0 this weekend, can I get rebate on both?
    Is rebate 1 per model or is it by household/customer?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    Just wondering if I find another 1.0 or 2.0 this weekend, can I get rebate on both?
    Is rebate 1 per model or is it by household/customer?
    Looks like both to me. Emphasis mine.

Terms and Conditions:
    Offer limited to one rebate, in the form of a Smith & Wesson® Prepaid Card, in the amount of fifty ($50) U.S. dollars per each NEW qualifying Smith & Wesson® M&P®9 SHIELD® - 9mm pistol or M&P®380 SHIELD™ EZ® pistol purchased between October 14, 2019 and December 8, 2019. Performance Center® M&P®380 SHIELD™ EZ® pistols are excluded from this promotion.
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/shield2019
    I honestly can't see very much difference between a 1.0 with a grip enhancement and the 2.0. Some features yes, and it might be worth $30 to $50 more for the 2.0, but the 1.0 is no slouch. You'll be well served by either.

Well, original shield will do me for a while.
    I'll have enough time with the shield until next rebate to decide if I want another version.
    I'm not planning on doing anything on the shield.
    I'll keep it factory to see how it behaves.

Btw, has anyone ordered from lockedloaded?
    They have good price on 2.0 but I read few bad reviews that mentioned problems with stock and canceled orders.
    So didn't order from them as I was worried about rebate deadline.

Got it today and it is a great small gun that feels big!

Thanks all for comments!

Got it today! I was afraid that it'll just fall from my hands but it really didn't feel that small.
    Straight from FFL to the range and fired over 70 rounds.
    No discomfort. It shot and felt just like the compact.

One FTF but I think it was due to my thumb on the slide.
    It doesn't have safety that my thumb can rest upon so need to get used to resting my thumb lower, over the small safety.

I'll add more details in a new thread later but here's a pic.

Congrats. The rubber Talon Grips make a big difference (also comes with a strip that holds the sleeve in place on the 8 round magazines).

Both my sons and I carry the Shield 1.0 9mm off duty, and have for years. My wife CC's a Shield 1.0 9mm. All 4 of those Shield's have served us admirably !

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    Congrats. The rubber Talon Grips make a big difference (also comes with a strip that holds the sleeve in place on the 8 round magazines).
    Thanks.
    The grip is not bad but I guess when hands are sweaty, more texture will help.

I created a thread with Shield and Compact pictures here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....879#post966879

User Tag List