Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First squib load

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I'm having trouble remembering what that would be like... Oh, that's because I've never loaded on a press that primitive . Is this what your car looks like?

Seriously, though--unless you are on a very low budget, you need a real press. 5 Stages would be ideal, so you have room to grow.

Attachment 44480
    Yes that is a picture of a me and a friend on the way to the range the other day.

I am loading on a Lee Pro 1000. I have thought of going to a 550 or a square deal because I know the real world is blue. I just dont know what they will offer above what I currently run. Then again if I can get a powder alarm it may be worth it. It sucks to go to the range and have to alter plans due to ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Yes that is a picture of a me and a friend on the way to the range the other day.

I am loading on a Lee Pro 1000. I have thought of going to a 550 or a square deal because I know the real world is blue. I just dont know what they will offer above what I currently run. Then again if I can get a powder alarm it may be worth it. It sucks to go to the range and have to alter plans due to ammo.
    A Dillon 750 is $650, or about the cost of a Glock with decent sights. You get a real case feeder and 5 stations. You have the option of adding a bullet feeder later.

I bet there are some good deals on used 650s now that the 750 is out.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

A Dillon 750 is $650, or about the cost of a Glock with decent sights. You get a real case feeder and 5 stations.
    $650 is without case feeder, just a point of clarification.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    $650 is without case feeder, just a point of clarification.
    I would also say, if I was dipping my toe in the blue pool, I would consider going with a 750 without a case feeder instead of a 550, cause then ya got the option.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I would also say, if I was dipping my toe in the blue pool, I would consider going with a 750 without a case feeder instead of a 550, cause then ya got the option.
    Yes. Sorry for the error on price. That adds another $300.

I can't imagine loading without a case feeder... If cash is tight, look for a used 650.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Lemme Clarify... :)

I can't imagine loading without a case feeder...
    Sitting at a computer now, better to reply than phone, so I can clarify that there is no way that a 650/750 user is not gonna end up with a case feeder. But... If a fella is just buying in to Blue, and is experienced and transitioning from something else, I would, after using both, suggest they consider the 650/750 instead of a 550 (as great as they are). Dropping a case in the 750 feeder adapter would not be that much different than placing a case on the 550 plate. Then, when ya got the $300 snag the feeder.

I used my SL900 that way for probably 1500-2000 rounds. I had just bought a 686 and the Dillon, so having just blown about $3k just because I wanted to move to 20g, I limped along for a bit without the feeder. My skeet volume is only ~100/week, before the next spring I bought the feeder. Not sure they even sell the SL900 that way anymore.

I also recently got a second 650, and plan to share the feeder (at least for a while). The damn thing is another 50% of the cost, and I will not be using them at exactly the same time. I mounted them right next to each other and replaced the screw with a knob and the swap is quick.

User Tag List