Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mexican cartel massacre: 9 Americans, including 6 children murdered

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    The documentary on Amazon they were very reluctant to talk about weapons other than Fudd guns like 12 gauge shot guns and deer rifles that they legally possess. There was a small part of them at a shooting range.
    Understandably so.If a camera crew showed up at my home,I wouldn't broadcast my whole collection either.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Yeah, your right about that.
    The stakes for us getting volunteered to sort out Mexico's shit is just too damn high for casual postings on Twitter.

Maybe my years of getting "voluntold" have left me just a bit jaded about the whole committing troops to other peoples problems.
    I dont need a security clearance to safely assume theres already anti-cartel groups in Mexico,both indiginous & from Up North. Trump is simply marketing to his Mormon political constituency.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Trump seems eager to join a COIN war vs the cartels. I reckon that war would come to American streets in short order
    This.

Plenty of Mexican cartel troops are already here, they're armed, and they don't mind killing. Fortunately, they've stuck to fratricide, but that could change within hours of Black Jack Pershing's resurrection.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Not so far fetched.

https://www.amazon.com/Line-Valley-C...ustomerReviews

Something to think about anyway.

I used to live in Douglas. Been down into Sonora and Chihuahua a few times. It will open your eyes to the war down there.

Won't see anything like that here in the US.
    Last edited by Borderland; 11-05-2019 at 12:44 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Yeah, your right about that.
    The stakes for us getting volunteered to sort out Mexico's shit is just too damn high for casual postings on Twitter.

Maybe my years of getting "voluntold" have left me just a bit jaded about the whole committing troops to other peoples problems.
    Nothing in my post suggested we get involved, just pointing out the ridiculousness of "tRuMpS kIdS bEtTeR bE fIrSt oN tHe gRoUnD".

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    I agree with you.

But for them, it wil be just business as usual. Gruesome vengance is part of their daily life, they expect no different from foes and are prepared for that. In the worst case someone else will take up the same position and return to "normal".

I'm sure there are some US COIN elements working with Mexico authorities. How much they can really do in these circunstances is anyone's guess.
    We're willing to engage ISIS and other threats in the Middle East and around the world. This threat is not only closer to home, it's in our home, and arguably an equal or greater threat depending on how you frame the situation.

In any case, it's just another portion of the maelstrom sucking our country down.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

A bunch of people slaughtered in Mexico? Yawn...must be a Tuesday. Or a Monday, or any day ending in y.
    Last edited by TCB; 11-05-2019 at 01:06 PM.

All I know is Sicario 3 is gonna be lit af fam.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    We're willing to engage ISIS and other threats in the Middle East and around the world. This threat is not only closer to home, it's in our home, and arguably an equal or greater threat depending on how you frame the situation.

In any case, it's just another portion of the maelstrom sucking our country down.
    I've asked that very question here and so far "well it's different" is all I've got for an answer.

I don't fear ISIS in my daily life, but people being arrested on a daily basis in my slow paced corner of the world with cartel and MM ties is something I worry about.

I recognize this is a no win situation for us to some degree, and I'm not a fan of sending more troops to die in battle, but I have to believe that at some point we will have to get involved in Mexico and I'm not sure this incident will be the reason.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I've asked that very question here and so far "well it's different" is all I've got for an answer.

I don't fear ISIS in my daily life, but people being arrested on a daily basis in my slow paced corner of the world with cartel and MM ties is something I worry about.

I recognize this is a no win situation for us to some degree, and I'm not a fan of sending more troops to die in battle, but I have to believe that at some point we will have to get involved in Mexico and I'm not sure this incident will be the reason.
    The Mexican mafia is a prison gang, they hire out to the cartels for work in the US but compared to the Mexican drug cartel’s they are small potatoes

It's Vice, so there are things in it consistent with that. But this did provide some background to which I was unaware.

User Tag List