Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mexican cartel massacre: 9 Americans, including 6 children murdered

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    At least six children and three women living in a faith-based community of U.S. citizens in Mexico were shot to death Monday in the northern part of the country, and six more children were wounded and one missing after their convoy came under fire during a brazen daylight ambush believed to have been carried out by gunmen affiliated with the cartels.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-cit...mmunity-family
    These people are the descendants of Mormons who moved to Mexico several generations back. They are Mexican citizens who maintain dual citizenship for convenience and because they have the means to do so much like the Mennonite communities in Northern Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Sadly, i'm sure Trump will keep pressing the issue.
    Probably be part of the new trade deal.

I better see Don Jr., Ivanka, and Eric as the first boots on the ground across the border. We can name it "Operation Tragic Mistake", also known as "How I lost the 2020 election in 2019 and destroyed my own County in the process"
    Yeah cause we all know that Sasha and Malia pulled a tour in Afghanistan and the Bush sisters were right there taking back Fallujah in 04.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The Mexicans are understandably touchy about sovereignty. Any COIN effort would need to be covert and have a Mexican face.
    Understandably and definitely not something to be hashed out on Twitter.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

There's a documentary on Amazon about the Mormons down there that paints them in a very positive light that is easily defeated with a google search.

That's not to make light of the fact that 6 kids, who were innocent in any current or past shady shit, got killed, but when the dust settles I'm willing to bet we'll find the group culpable to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Understandably and definitely not something to be hashed out on Twitter.
    Are you saying that nation states need more than 280 characters to resolve complex issues?

The fact that President Trump cannot stay away from Twitter is one of my biggest issues with his administration. Heck, even the SEC makes Elon Musk review some of his tweets. Meanwhile the man's whose medical exam is national news is tweeting without oversight on issues that make news.

There's no way to attach a happy face to this story regardless of who's doing what, where.

Those responsible for the slaughter deserve nothing less than to reap terrible vengeance at the hands of the Mexican police / military or other duly sanctioned op (with or without our participation).
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I recall Ed Calderon discussing Mormon communities in Mexico when Joe Rogan interviewed him. If I remember correctly, Ed described them as being autonomous, well-armed, and not people to screw with. So I guess that's in line with what Wayne and HCM have described.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I recall Ed Calderon discussing Mormon communities in Mexico when Joe Rogan interviewed him. If I remember correctly, Ed described them as being autonomous, well-armed, and not people to screw with. So I guess that's in line with what Wayne and HCM have described.
    The documentary on Amazon they were very reluctant to talk about weapons other than Fudd guns like 12 gauge shot guns and deer rifles that they legally possess. There was a small part of them at a shooting range.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Yeah cause we all know that Sasha and Malia pulled a tour in Afghanistan and the Bush sisters were right there taking back Fallujah in 04.
    Yeah, your right about that.
    The stakes for us getting volunteered to sort out Mexico's shit is just too damn high for casual postings on Twitter.

Maybe my years of getting "voluntold" have left me just a bit jaded about the whole committing troops to other peoples problems.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    There's no way to attach a happy face to this story regardless of who's doing what, where.

Those responsible for the slaughter deserve nothing less than to reap terrible vengeance at the hands of the Mexican police / military or other duly sanctioned op (with or without our participation).
    I agree with you.

But for them, it wil be just business as usual. Gruesome vengance is part of their daily life, they expect no different from foes and are prepared for that. In the worst case someone else will take up the same position and return to "normal".

I'm sure there are some US COIN elements working with Mexico authorities. How much they can really do in these circunstances is anyone's guess.

User Tag List