Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price check Sig P220

Site Supporter

Price check Sig P220

Local shop has a Sig P220 45 acp, 2 tone. Looks like is has a 5 inch barrel.
    They have it listed for $650 seems like a good price but don't know much about Sigs. I know they are not the favorites around here but figured some one would have some insight.

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Adjustable or fixed sights? On a 5” gun, the fixed sights are hard to find.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

It’s probably not a 5” but if it is send me a link to the shop. I’ll buy it and save you some money 😁

Do you remember if it had an internal or external hammer?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    It’s probably not a 5” but if it is send me a link to the shop. I’ll buy it and save you some money 😁

Do you remember if it had an internal or external hammer?
    Did you mean extractor ?

Site Supporter
    If it has the 5 inch barrel... is it that 10mm version that came out a year or so ago? The Hunter?

I've been thinking about a picking up a vintage stamped P220. I have a P245 and it's always been a gun I can pick up and shoot well, even if I haven't shot it in a while. Never actually owned a P220.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Adjustable or fixed sights? On a 5” gun, the fixed sights are hard to find.
    Adjustable sights I believe.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Did you mean extractor ?
    Yep. Sometimes I get lost walking around the block too.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

a P220 with 5" barrel and adjustable sights would be unusual in 45 acp. i'm not sure if Sig ever produced such a model. if that's really the case it's almost certainly a 10mm model. in that case it wouild be a steel frame model so $650 is a bargain. while i am not fan of the P226/229, the P220 feels better in my hand and points more naturally. I still don't much like the layout of controls (much prefer the CZ or beretta 92/PX4 setup) although with the P220 the controls seem to sit more flush with the slide and has less of an unnatural "bump" in thumb area.

I own two P220's

1) two tone full size model, 4.4" barrel, 45 acp, short external extractor, circa 2013 production. it has almost 4k rounds through it. it has been 100% reliable without a WML attached. however with a TLR-1 it occasionally misfeeds on FMJ. ironically it runs HST's or golden sabers flawlessly. I occasionally carry it in lieu of one of my 92's. it rides in a phlster floodlight with the TLR-1. my primary gripe with this pistol is the so-called "stainless" finish. it appears to be a cerkote finish. while nicely applied and holding up well despite holstering, the thick cerakote gets in the way of the slide serrations. a standard nitron model has much "grippier" serrations. since the RSA is very stiff on the P220 I would get your hands on this two tone slide and make sure it's acceptable to you.

in terms of reliability I would not put the P220 45acp on par with a Glock 21 or HK45. I consider it somewhere between those and a well tuned 1911. while totally subjective, in my hands the P220 shoots softer than both an HK45 and any 1911. the trigger is excellent and matches up nicely with the grip angle. despite her smamy wife shoots the P220 very well.

2) elite 10mm model, SAO, circa 2017 production. this one is no longer in production. it appears now Sig is only making the Hunter and Legion models. To me both look stupid so I'm glad I snagged a black model. The gun is beautifully machined. in typical Sig fashion, on the 3rd magazine my POI seemed very off and I noticed the rear sight was wobbling around in the dovetail. apparently these aren't fitted to the dovetail but rather a screw is used to keep the adjustable rear apparatus in place. I called Sig and they claimed this is "normal". well i consider it shitty to completely rely on a single tiny hex screw to keep a rear sight in place.

complaining aside, the P220 10mm shoots incredibly well. it is far softer than any 10mm 1911 i've fired but the P220 is also heavy as hell. I have only ~200 rounds through the pistol but it's been 100%. despite my issues with Sig as a company, if one is a 10mm enthusiast I believe the P220 is a worthy purchase.

--

so regarding your price question, I'm currently looking at a consignment LNIB P220 nitron with short extractor for $500. May jump on it. considering one can be into a brand new HK45 for under $700, I would not drop more than $600 on a P220. Sig's new pistol prices are beyond insane. They are obviously exercising price control tactics on the market at every level. in a day when Berettas and HK's are under $700, for a stock P220 I would not drop over $600. demand for these guns appears very low. it's a buyers market so I would take advantage of it. hell I would offer $500 on that pistol and let them talk me up to $550 max. but I'm my father's son so negotiate on everything. good luck OP.

For reference, AIM Surplus has them for listed for $450 with short extractor but sold out.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by Squib308 View Post
    a P220 with 5" barrel and adjustable sights would be unusual in 45 acp. i'm not sure if Sig ever produced such a model. if that's really the case it's almost certainly a 10mm model. in that case it wouild be a steel frame model so $650 is a bargain. while i am not fan of the P226/229, the P220 feels better in my hand and points more naturally. I still don't much like the layout of controls (much prefer the CZ or beretta 92/PX4 setup) although with the P220 the controls seem to sit more flush with the slide and has less of an unnatural "bump" in thumb area.

I own two P220's

1) two tone full size model, 4.4" barrel, 45 acp, short external extractor, circa 2013 production. it has almost 4k rounds through it. it has been 100% reliable without a WML attached. however with a TLR-1 it occasionally misfeeds on FMJ. ironically it runs HST's or golden sabers flawlessly. I occasionally carry it in lieu of one of my 92's. it rides in a phlster floodlight with the TLR-1. my primary gripe with this pistol is the so-called "stainless" finish. it appears to be a cerkote finish. while nicely applied and holding up well despite holstering, the thick cerakote gets in the way of the slide serrations. a standard nitron model has much "grippier" serrations. since the RSA is very stiff on the P220 I would get your hands on this two tone slide and make sure it's acceptable to you.

in terms of reliability I would not put the P220 45acp on par with a Glock 21 or HK45. I consider it somewhere between those and a well tuned 1911. while totally subjective, in my hands the P220 shoots softer than both an HK45 and any 1911. the trigger is excellent and matches up nicely with the grip angle. despite her smamy wife shoots the P220 very well.

2) elite 10mm model, SAO, circa 2017 production. this one is no longer in production. it appears now Sig is only making the Hunter and Legion models. To me both look stupid so I'm glad I snagged a black model. The gun is beautifully machined. in typical Sig fashion, on the 3rd magazine my POI seemed very off and I noticed the rear sight was wobbling around in the dovetail. apparently these aren't fitted to the dovetail but rather a screw is used to keep the adjustable rear apparatus in place. I called Sig and they claimed this is "normal". well i consider it shitty to completely rely on a single tiny hex screw to keep a rear sight in place.

complaining aside, the P220 10mm shoots incredibly well. it is far softer than any 10mm 1911 i've fired but the P220 is also heavy as hell. I have only ~200 rounds through the pistol but it's been 100%. despite my issues with Sig as a company, if one is a 10mm enthusiast I believe the P220 is a worthy purchase.

--

so regarding your price question, I'm currently looking at a consignment LNIB P220 nitron with short extractor for $500. May jump on it. considering one can be into a brand new HK45 for under $700, I would not drop more than $600 on a P220. Sig's new pistol prices are beyond insane. They are obviously exercising price control tactics on the market at every level. in a day when Berettas and HK's are under $700, for a stock P220 I would not drop over $600. demand for these guns appears very low. it's a buyers market so I would take advantage of it. hell I would offer $500 on that pistol and let them talk me up to $550 max. but I'm my father's son so negotiate on everything. good luck OP.
    They made two tone P220 5" Match Elite .45s. In good condition $650 is a good used price.

User Tag List